Holiday Baking

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, the holidays will be coming up again. What do you plan to bake this year? We are hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas and I will be very busy in the kitchen.

Reaction score
I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and have not really come up with a full menu yet. I do know of some traditional desserts I'll have and they are: cheesecake, blackberry cobbler, sugar creme pie, pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll. I'm sure there will be lots more as my husband tends to go dessert making crazy around the holidays.

Reaction score
Cheesecake sounds very yummy. I have not had one in a while so I think I am about due. I guess I will add this to my grocery list.

Reaction score
We might be in a position of hosting both as well this year, though Thanksgiving will likely be a smaller event all around than the Christmas holidays will. I'm not dead set on a menu yet, though looking at the calender I suppose it really is about time to consider one. Cheesecake at Christmas/Yule time is a must at our house, though I'm thinking maybe smaller individual sized ones, but same idea either way. Pumpkin pie, gingerbread cake...not sure what else just yet =).

Reaction score
I love holiday baking! I am envious of your Thanksgiving holiday though - we don't have anything like that here in the UK, and I imagine it would be like having another Christmas.

For Christmas this year, I will be making 3 Christmas cakes, icing with both marzipan and fondant; Christmas puddings, mince pie filling (I'll be giving jars of this as gifts, and including some in hampers too) and some stollen. I hope to add a variety of Christmas cookies to my repertoire this year too; I'd like to start icing them and maybe putting a few on my Christmas tree.

Reaction score
With kids at home holiday baking is a must and i don't think i would have it any other way as it's a family tradition...Christmas just wouldn't be the same in my home...this year i know i will be baking like 5 fruitcakes with lots of rum,potato pudding,carrot cake and coconut candies.

Ask a Question