Holiday Baking

Reaction score
This is where we can share special recipes we cook for holiday celebrations.

I make this recipe for Christmas, and it's always well received.

Here are the ingredients,

Ingredients
  • 6 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each)
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
and the instructions can be found at the link below. It's super easy, and really delicious.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rich-candy-bar-fudge

Attachments

• rich candy bar fudge.jpg
    rich candy bar fudge.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 487
Reaction score
OMG. That looks so good. I can already see my partner and my king just killing it in one sitting! LOLOL These chocolate lovers of mine! It looks like something to make as an Advent gift this Xmas. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
I may have to try this out. Sounds like a recipe for diabetes. I like it! Can I add some extra Hershey's chocolate to the fold?

Reaction score
Very nice! Sometimes we like to try making buñuelos, we make them on December. It's basically flour, water, piloncillo, some melted fat and cinnamon. I love our version of it:

2014-12-08-mexican-bunuelos-main.jpg

We don't use icing sugar though :p Just normal granulated sugar and cinnamon. They make the sound ones in the middle east, but some Jewish families in mexico prefer the flat ones (less fat).

Reaction score
I may have to try this out. Sounds like a recipe for diabetes. I like it! Can I add some extra Hershey's chocolate to the fold?

@Bakers12 Do you mean Hershey's cocoa, or actual chocolate bars? The bars would probably be fine. If you add cocoa, make sure you give it a taste test before you finalize the product, in case it needs additional sweetener.

@Trellum Your bunuelos look amazing! They look similar to something I'll be posting in a bit, except a different flavor. I've had bunuelos here, but they were usually heavier, and yours look better to me, I prefer them a little thinner and crispier.

Reaction score
Wow! Both recipes look interesting and I think everybody will like this as a one of the special baking goodies to be serve on the dining table during the Christmas holiday. I think this can also be a good idea as a Christmas gift to our family and friends.

Reaction score
One thing I make every year for the holidays, is Pizzelle. The recipe is pretty basic, and they can be made with various flavorings. My favorites are anise and vanilla, but chocolate and lemon are other popular flavors. Some people prefer them thicker, others thinner. Most will sprinkle them with a dusting of confectioner's sugar while still warm, other dip all or part of the cookies into chocolate, then add sprinkles or nuts.

Most pizzelle irons come with a wooden mold they can be wound around, to create a horn shape that can then be filled with sweetened ricotta or other fillings. Some roll them into tubes and stuff like cannoli. Others sandwich ice cream in between two pizzelle for ice cream sandwiches. Needless to say, they are very versatile, and also delicious.

I eat them whenever I get my hands on them, and sometimes make them at other times, such as Valentine's Day, Easter, etc., but even if I don't make them any other time, I always make them for Christmas.

Attachments

• pizzelle.jpg
    pizzelle.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 432

Ask a Question