Holy mackerel this baby cracked like the Grand Canyon...

Reaction score
bEMtV2Q.jpg

Enough that I (possibly foolishly) purchased a silicone springform sleeve so that I can water bath my cheesecakes without fear of leakage (I have had terrible luck with wrapping my springform in foil). Time will tell if the purchase was a waste or not...

The good news is, it tasted really great! (White Chocolate with Rhubarb swirl)

Reaction score
Mmmm white chocolate and rhubarb cheesecake sounds like a match made in heaven!! :D I shouldn't worry too much about the cracking. It tends to be caused by either sudden changes in temperature or over-baking, so maybe bear that in mind if you decide to make it again. It looks delicious though!

Reaction score
I tried to use the internal temp (150F) to determine doneness, since I have had issues with underbaking in the past. It looks like it baked faster near the pan than the middle, so I'm hoping future attempts with a water bath will even out the cooking across the cake.

Reaction score
Just a suggestion instead of aluminum foil...

I use the Reynolds Kitchens Oven Bags (Large Size 16" x 17.5"). Make sure that one of the creased ends (or the Bottom of the bag) fits over and around the springform pan latch to allow room so that the latch does not pierce (or cut into) the bag as you stretch the remaining bag over the outer brim of the spring form pan with the crease of the bag on the bottom of the pan. When done, the bag bottom with the crease should be located on or close to the center bottom of the springform pan (Note: center the bag crease before stretching it). I basically first just put the pan in the bag then rotate or tilt the pan sideways and do my best to place the crease or bottom of the bag in the center of the pan. wrap the plastic around the brim snuggly (you will have to partially roll some of the bag edges to accommodate the size pan so that everything fits well). I use about 2 and 1/2 cups water to fill the roasting pan that the springform pan sits in for the bath.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads