Home made Apple Pie

Reaction score
Okay, not all of it is home-made. The pie crust is pre-made, but my husband made the apple pie filling about a week ago. He put apple slices in a blender along with some condensed milk, cinnamon, sugar, and a bit of water. The filling tasted amazing and with that he made the apple pie... or pseudo apple pie (pie crust + blended filling + whipped cream).

The problem was that he made too much of the apple filling. So he put it in a large bowl with an air-tight container and inside the vegetable compartment at the bottom of the fridge away from light. My question is, how long can the filling keep? It's been about a week since we last finished the apple pie and we haven't bought another pie crust to use for a second pie yet. I don't want the filling to go bad before we buy the pie crust. Also, we are a bit clueless in creative baking. What else can we use the apple filling for besides possible marination for meat?

Using it in place of jam is out of the question since we both dislike jam. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Why not try your hand at a homemade crust and make another pie! You could also make a crustless pie by baking it in a greased pie plate all on it's own. Another idea would be to make a crisp or a cobbler with it.

Ask a Question