Homemade candy

Reaction score
This is a popular candy during my high school days. The ingredients are condensed milk and egg yolk. Place 1 can of condensed milk and egg yolk in a pan. Stir before lighting the oven. Stir until the texture becomes sticky. Place the sticky mixture on a wooden chop board. Let it cool a bit before cutting into the desired pieces and wrapping using wax paper. That's our home made candy which the poor children can afford.

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, is this the "yema" candy? I love yema because of its milky taste. It is indeed very easy to make and it can be found in almost every store out there. There are only two ingredients but it is very delicious. I used to eat a lot of it when I was still a kid. :)

Reaction score
This has always been something that I have wanted to try. I love candy, but a lot of the times the stuff you can buy is too much. All the crazy flavors and things designed for kids, which is fine, but I just want something simple. I think I need to look into this just for that reason. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I agree with you @rz3300. Commercially made candies are just too sweet and too full of artificial coloring. Making candies on your own ensures you that you get to control the sweetness and you can also choose not to put any coloring in them if you want. :)

Reaction score
As a mother to a six year old, I have to always be on the lookout for such recipes. Thank you for sharing it. It sounds tasty and really simple and easy to make.

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, is this the "yema" candy? I love yema because of its milky taste. It is indeed very easy to make and it can be found in almost every store out there. There are only two ingredients but it is very delicious. I used to eat a lot of it when I was still a kid. :)

Yema was also one of my favorite. I remember after class while waiting outside for my service, there are vendors selling them in triangle shape and wrapped with yellow cellophane. I like it best when they put Jackfruit in there.

Ask a Question