Homemade Garlic Bread

Reaction score
Does anybody have any recipes for homemade garlic bread? I usually just make some using some minced garlic and olive oil on a piece of bread. I wanted to know if anybody wanted to share some recipes for some real garlic bread. I would love to make some garlic bread that has people testifying to it's taste instead of just finding some random recipe online. Thanks!

Reaction score
In my garlic mix I add to French stick is 4 cloves of minced garlic, a tablespoon of vegetable oil and finely chopped basil, coriander and parsley. Add a huge dollop of butter and mix well. Lay it out and wrap it in cling film into a sausage shape and put it in the freezer. After a while you can cut it into nice even rounds and lay it on your bread to cook in the oven....Ooozy.

Reaction score
Does anybody have any recipes for homemade garlic bread? I usually just make some using some minced garlic and olive oil on a piece of bread. I wanted to know if anybody wanted to share some recipes for some real garlic bread. I would love to make some garlic bread that has people testifying to it's taste instead of just finding some random recipe online. Thanks!

I would love to hear about how you usually make your garlic bread. I usually do it with butter and garlic on a piece of bread, but I would be curious to know how you do it with olive oil :)

Reaction score
i'm usually making garlic bread in a hurry as a side, so I try to keep it simple and quick. My only real secret is using Trader Joe's brand California Garlic Powder - which tastes much better than any other store bought varieties I've tried. I just melt some butter in a pan with the garlic powder and sea salt to taste. Then pour it onto a plate, and dip some Ciabatta bread in it to coat it evenly. Then I dust it with some Romano cheese and throw it in the oven to toast it. If the top hasn't browned enough by the time the bread is warm and toasty, I will pop it under the broiler as well for a moment. Then I finish it with some fresh parsley.

Another variation, is when I make a compound butter for steaks. I usually make a lot of this and use it up over time, but it also pulls double duty as a spread for garlic bread. A compound butter can be anything you like, just let some butter come to room temp, and add your favorite blend of finely minced fresh herbs along with some onions or shallots or green onions, and perhaps some fresh garlic. Mix it all together and season it to taste then spoon it out on to some waxed paper and form it into a log. Roll it up, and cover with some additional plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least a few hours to firm up and for the flavors to meld. Normally I cut a piece off and put it on my steaks when they are right off the grill. But I will also smear it on some French bread and throw it under the broiler as a side.

Reaction score
I make a really easy garlic bread that people love; get a loaf of French or Italian bread at the store and slice it lengthways. Then I make a mixture of melted butter, garlic, salt, basil and thyme. I spread it on with a brush and throw it in the oven for a few minutes. The butter soaks in, the garlic flavor becomes nice and rich, and the bread gets toasty. I have also done the same recipe with biscuits instead of bread. Easy and yummy, my two favorites!

Reaction score
Honestly, I usually just wing it. I don't have a paticular recipe I follow. Here a few different ways I make it.
I use french bread, or regular bread, spread butter and either minced garlic or garlic powder or sometimes both (depending on how much garlic I'm in the mood for.) I then place it in the oven and let it get a little crisp around the edges. I also sometime added shredded cheese on top.
Garlic bread is one of those items that is delicious no matter how you make it. :)

Reaction score
I use Italian bread, butter, olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese and parsley. The parmesan cheese adds a twist to the flavor because there's a mild saltiness to it. Also, it's the olive oil that keeps the bread from drying out, compared to the butter. Oh, and bake it in tinfoil instead of spreading it out on a sheet. Try it! :)

Reaction score
I don't bake garlic bread from scratch . I buy a loaf of French bread frem the bakery , then I split down it the middle and place it on a baking sheeet. I mix minced garlic , pepper ,italian seasoning, and fresh parmesan cheese. Spread the mixture over the bread and bake until golden brown.

Reaction score
I've never made my own garlic bread so this thread is a great learner for me. My family likes cheesy garlic bread so I'm going to try and attempt a recipe from here and see if my family will eat it.

Reaction score
I just stick with the basics. I use butter, garlic, and occasionally Parmesan cheese and/or parsley. The parsley is only because I like the color and not really for taste at all.

I use this on a variety of different types of bread. I do swear by using the broiler to heat it if it's a pre-made bread and I'm just adding toppings.

Reaction score
I guess I'm really lazy when it comes to making garlic bread. I will usually just put some butter and garlic salt on a piece of bread and then I will toast it. I've tried experimenting with making a garlic spread of my own but it has never turned out quite right.

Ask a Question