homemade puff pastry?

Reaction score
I've never made it from scratch either, as I always thought it seemed too difficult, but that recipe makes it seem a lot easier. I had some really nice cheesy puff pastry bites, topped with cumin seeds, at my friend's house the other day and she said they were really easy make. I'll need to get the recipe from her and see if puff pastry is really not as difficult as it looks!

Reaction score
Ooh. I've been looking for a good recipe for puff pastry. So glad you posted this, thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. I see a lot of great recipes which say to buy some, but I much prefer to make my own pastry.

Those cheesy puffs sound good! Great idea to use with the pastry the first time I make it.

Reaction score
Puff pasty is something that I will leave to the expersts.
I have heard that you can make it at home but , I am also told that it can be very labor intensive.
Plus I am certain that I would mess this up, and it would become a very expensive waste of time.

Reaction score
I make my own cream puffs, but have not made the puff pastry you mentioned above. I buy Pepperidge Farms and it works good enough for me!

Reaction score
Good all-butter puff pastry is a brilliant thing to buy, Just perfection! But it is such fun to make your own. Quite time-consuming, although you can get on with other things as you wait for it to rest etc- but fairly easy.

In a retro-inspired baking session a while ago I made these vol-au-vents with some of a batch of puff pastry (filled with shrimp and crabmeat).
image.jpg

Reaction score
I make my own cream puffs, but have not made the puff pastry you mentioned above. I buy Pepperidge Farms and it works good enough for me!
I also love Pepperidge Farms! :)
I do like making homemade puff pastries, on the rare occassion, but I do not do it very often. It takes a lot of time and I don't always have that kind of time. I will make them for very special occassions though! :)

Reaction score
I like the recipes for puff pastry. I buy my puff pastry from the grocery store. I like to make puff pastry apple and raisin strudel. I thaw a sheet of frozen puff pastry to make it. I have never made it from scratch.

Ask a Question