Homemade "Twinkies" (vid)

Reaction score
One of the YouTube channels I like watching is Epic Meal Time. They do some crazy stuff (sometimes too crazy even for me). They have a segment called "Handle It" which is sharing some great "normal" recipes. One of these is homemade Twinkies. I haven't tried this recipe but I like that they don't look as yellow as Twinkies (how much food coloring Twinkies must use!).

Here is the video in case anyone's interested:

Reaction score
I saw 'Twinkies' and immediately thought about my cat Twinkle who's no longer with me. I guess it looks like something I might be able to make. This is actually the first time I am hearing of them.

Reaction score
Nice find =D I think in the place where I will be living it won't be so easy to find those (not sure though, but who would prefer store bought over homemade, anyway!?) so I will make my own. Mostly for my niece, and later on for my kids if I ever have any.

Reaction score
Yum, I love the idea of making something that's considered by many to be a no no, and make it with healthier ingredients at home. I have to say, I'm somewhat addicted to 'chocodile' twinkies. They're smaller than the normal twinkie, and are coated in chocolate. This sounds like an easy enough recipe, and I sometimes prefer videos, especially for recipes that are new to me.

Ask a Question