Honey buns

Reaction score
What is a honey bun even made out of? They are a complete mystery to me. Has anyone ever attempted a homemade honey bun?? I would love to hear about the experience :)

Reaction score
I have not ever attempted a homemade honeybun before, but I know my husband would love it if I tried to make some. I may have to try and find a recipe for them before Valentine's day.

Reaction score
I love honey buns! I usually just buy them. I like to heat them in the microwave slightly and have a glass of milk with it. :( I know, I'm a slacker for buying them and not baking them myself. Haha!
In the past, when I have tried to look for recipes for honey buns, I would always come across cinnamon roll recipes. I have yet to find a recipe for honey buns. But everyone calls cinnamon rolls something different like sticky buns, or sweet rolls. So it makes it hard to know for sure what the recipe is actually for unless you look at the ingredients in detail.
My husband's grandmother makes a "honey bun" cake. It isn't like the honey buns we are used to (the store bought ones) but it is still good.
I don't know her exact recipe, but this one is similar to what she makes: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-bun-cake-i/

Reaction score
I love to eat honey buns. My dad worked for a company that sold honey buns. I always ate honey buns as a kid. I would like to bake honey buns. I haven't bake honey buns yet.

Reaction score
I figured that was probably the case. I have never once heard of someone attempting to bake their own honey buns. I wouldn't even know where to start! But I will definitely take a look at the recipes you guys have left here. How wonderful would that be! :) Thanks!

Reaction score
I love honey buns!!! They are so yummy!! I have never made any and never thought to try but if I could pull it off, they wouldn't last long at all. I usually get mine at the grocery store, put a little peanut butter on it and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.....so delicious!!!!

Reaction score
I love honey buns!!! They are so yummy!! I have never made any and never thought to try but if I could pull it off, they wouldn't last long at all. I usually get mine at the grocery store, put a little peanut butter on it and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.....so delicious!!!!
Peanut butter? How strange! I have heard of people microwaving them in order to make them a little warm to eat, although I have never done this myself. What made you try peanut butter on them? I have never heard of anyone doing this.

Ask a Question