Honeycomb

Reaction score
When ever I try to make honeycomb it burns before it gets to hard fall stage

Test your thermometer for accuracy. At sea level water boils at 212°. Place your thermometer in a pot of boiling water. Make sure the thermometer does not touch the bottom of the pot. In boiling water the thermometer should register 212°.

Sugar burns above 350°. Honeycomb candy is usually heated to about 300°. So it may be your thermometer is not accurate.

Check your sugar. It has to be cane sugar. If it's not cane sugar it will never boil properly. Beet sugar is fine to sprinkle on cereal or mix in drinks, you just can't use it for baking and candy making.

Sugar manufactures never label their packages beet sugar specifically because they don't want anyone to know that it's a beetsugar. So you have to look for sugar that is specifically labeled cane sugar.

The reason they don't lable beet sugar as such is because 1) all beet sugar is GMO; 2) commercial bakers and candy makers long ago found that beet sugar does not boil or caramelize properly and more likely than not crystallizes when boiling. And you cannot use crystallized sugar syrup for icing and candy making. Using beet sugar is a money losing proposition.

Beet sugar is in fact so inferior that all molasses derived from the sugar refining process of beet sugar is not even sold for human consumption.

The link below is an article on the differences in sugar type.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/SUGAR-SUGAR-Cane-and-beet-share-the-same-2939081.php

Reaction score
I REALLY would be nice if people would post a picture or the recipe of what they are talking about.

Since I've been on here, people post things I've never heard of, and it would be nice to see it or read the recipe.
It also helps to have these things posted if there is a question about them.

When I saw "honeycomb".........there's only two things that come to my mind........

bee-babies.jpg

51PWw-OVIiL._SY355_.jpg

Ask a Question