Hot enough to bake car cookies?!

Reaction score
Wow, that's some heat. I sure hope people remember that and take their kids and animals out of their vehicles. I do still bake and cook in the oven when it's hot outside, with the air conditioning on, of course, but I do less of it in the Summer than at other times of the year. I tend to lean toward more fresh fruit and salads, with stir fries and other easy to make dinners that use the stove top or slow cooker, rather than the oven.

Reaction score
I don't feel like baking at all when it's hot, I just don't! The kitchen gets so damn hot... I prefer winter for that :) The rest of the house members wouldn't forgive me if I did that to the house, lol. Even if what I baked was delicious.

Reaction score
No, our air conditioning is upstairs and we can't get the kitchen below 88 right now in the afternoon even if no one turns on even one burner. We both have active jobs and when combined with so much heat we are literally feeling like we are running out of gas just trying to do what is needed and no more. I spent perhaps 9 hours in bed but wake up feeling like I've hardly rested. Baking might result in actual heat exhaustion, and I have no desire to eat something that has been out if the fridge more than five minutes.

Reaction score
I baked a batch of brownies the other day and boy! Did the kitchen feel like an oven itself! Needless to say I'll not be baking anything anytime soon :p It has been hot over here, but not as hot as I'd expect it to be around this time of the year.

Ask a Question