Hot Fudge Icing

Reaction score
Here is a recipe, I thought I would share. If anyone is a chocolate lover, I think they will enjoy it. I made this once, when I made hot fudge cakes. I was thinking it might be good on pound cake, too.

2 C sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla flavor

1/4 C Karo syrup

1/2 C milk

1/2 C butter

3 Tbsp cocoa

1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Place wet ingredients in a pot on stove.
3. Turn heat on med-med/high and stir in dry ingredients.
4. Boil for about 3 minutes.
5. Cool and pour on cake.

Reaction score
Great recipe!

I rarely have cake with chocolate fudge icing because it's so addictive. The last time was on Thanksgiving Day. For a few days afterward, I heated up a piece of cake and topped it with vanilla bean ice cream. This combo was delicious!

thumb_600.jpg
Yum!

Reaction score
That looks so delicious! I love hot fudge cake or brownies. It is a nice treat, every now and then. Homemade fudge sauce can not be beat!

Reaction score
Great recipe!

I rarely have cake with chocolate fudge icing because it's so addictive. The last time was on Thanksgiving Day. For a few days afterward, I heated up a piece of cake and topped it with vanilla bean ice cream. This combo was delicious!

thumb_600.jpg
Yum!
Why do you do this to me?

Now, I have to go out and get some ingredients to make myself a cake. I wasn't planning on eating any kind of chocolate for the next few weeks. Looks like I am already breaking the promise I made to myself.

Ask a Question