How can I make Angel Food Cake if I don't have the right Pan?

Reaction score
Is it possible to make it in a loaf pan? I was thinking this might work, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else tried making angel food cake without using the proper pan? I am open to suggestions.

Reaction score
Typically Angel Food cake is made in a tube pan or a bundt pan, but I think it is worth a try in a loaf pan. Keep in mind that bake time might be a little different. I have never made one so I don't know exactly how the bake time would change. I would recommend turning on your oven light and keeping an eye on it through the window.

Reaction score
I think I might give it a try. I was thinking about trying two loaf pans. I will definitely watch it carefully. Thanks for responding.

Reaction score
Give it a try, don't worry about the baking time difference... I never take the time of my baking goods, I just eye them ;) They never burn or end up raw. My oven is too old and not trustworthy... so yes, I even calculate the temps. You will be fine :)

Reaction score
I have used loaf pans for angle food cake with great success. I actually like using them better than the usual angle food cake pan. I like to slice the loaves horizontally and fill they with whipped cream and fruit, then reassemble the slices. I place it in the freezer for a couple of hours and slice it. The slices are very pretty and make a lovely dessert.

Reaction score
I have used loaf pans for angle food cake with great success. I actually like using them better than the usual angle food cake pan. I like to slice the loaves horizontally and fill they with whipped cream and fruit, then reassemble the slices. I place it in the freezer for a couple of hours and slice it. The slices are very pretty and make a lovely dessert.

Oh my. That sounds so pretty. I was just going to put fruit and cream on top, but this sounds much better. Thanks for the tip!

@Trellum Good to know. Thanks. I'll definitely give it a try. I enjoy a nice, light, angel food cake. I don't know what happened to my pan.

Reaction score
It got ruined? I hate it when that happens, my mom actually ruined my metallic cake pans in a place she shouldn't (close to some chemicals). So now I need to get new ones ;)

Reaction score
No, my pan didn't get ruined. It seems to have disappeared. I mean, how does a pan disappear? It apparently got lost when we moved a while back. I just didn't have occasion to use it since then, so I didn't realize it had gone missing until now. lol

Ask a Question