How do they make leaning cakes?

Reaction score
Check this thing out: Leaning Cake.

How the heck do they do that? I've seen others as well, including a Mad Hatter one with all crazy hats learning every which way. How does it stay in place?

This is so cool, but I wouldn't dare attempt it without some serious instructions. Has anyone tried making something like this? How did you do it?

Reaction score
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I've never made one but I used to watch Food Network Challenge all the time. And the Duff show. LOL They used to use PVC pipes and instead of regular cake plates these wood discs screwed onto the PVC pipes. It was a whole armature they'd put together. Really DIY when you looked at it without the cakes on.

Reaction score
I was going to say PVC pipes as well, never tried something like that and never will. I just don't like the idea of PVC so close to the food we are going to eat. I just don't like the idea, no matter how safe some people claim it is. Just no thanks.

Reaction score
I will sit and admire. Zyni has just been joining forces with a certain Trellum and pulling all sorts of 'impossible' things out of the bag. It's genius really but I am content to watch form a distance. I barely caught a glimpse of leaning and somehow was hoping there was a cake that could make me 'lean'....how ironic that would be!

Reaction score
Ugh, yeah, I'm not so sure I want to use PVC pipes. It's okay, I'm too scared to attempt it anyway, lol. I was just really curious. This is definitely very cool.

Ha, Wintrybella. It made me "lean" every which way trying to see it from different angles to figure out what they did (but the other kind of "lean" would be even better)!

Ask a Question