How do you get the crust like the loaf bread at the store?

Reaction score
I have an awesome recipe for bread made with beer. You don't have to add yeast- it's in the beer! The only thing that I don't like is the crust. I want it to be like the sandwich bread you get at the store. Am I using the wrong recipe or could I be doing something wrong in my process? Please help me!

Reaction score
Hmm, if you're wanting to stick with the same recipe, I would recommend giving it an egg wash. Or cover it in oil instead even. Sometimes if you do an egg wash, it'll give a glossy, thin coat to the crust that wouldn't otherwise be there, so it's worth a shot.

Reaction score
I will have to give that a try! It is a good recipe, but the crust is too crusty!

Reaction score
As far as I think, when bread cooked at home, the crustiness will be there. You should try and change the recipe. Go for another recipe and see if the same problem persist. It is important that you follow the right steps as mentioned in a recipe while preparing the bread or it can turn out to be a disaster.

Ask a Question