How do you salvage a fallen cake?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, if you bake regularly, you occasionally end up with a fallen cake. It's the proverbial sweet pile of flour, egg and sugar with a dip in the middle. Whenever this happens to me, I cut out the sunken part, frost my fallen cake and fill the center with fruit. Then, your mishap looks like art.

4650316_orig.jpg
Classic Fallen Cake

Reaction score
I've never had a cake sunk in before. Thought, it was something you only saw in movies!

When ever I fail with my cakes I usually just rehash them. I will use them as toppings or fry them up and drizzle chocolate on it. Anything with chocolate taste tons better!

Reaction score
Honestly, I just get sad and serve them as is and hope nobody cares enough to give it away that they notice. I like your idea much better though. LOL.

Reaction score
I was the kind of person who used to put whipped cream an fruits to cover up the mess, but later I found a circular cutter to remove the center and then I make it look like a crown-shaped bread ;)

Reaction score
Wow how neat! Love those ideas! I trash mine or serve an apologize if it's to family. Chocolate does make everything taste better and fruits are an amazing idea! I have never thought to add them to a regular cake! I will have to try this soon!

Ask a Question