How Do You Top Your Red Velvet Cake?

Reaction score
Red Velvet cake has to be one of my top three cake flavors! When I bake one, whether from scratch or if I buy a box mix, I have to have a bunch of strawberries! I always bake it as a two layer cake. Once I bake them and let them cool, I cover the bottom layer with frosting them I top that with sliced strawberries. Then I lay the top layer on top and frost that one. I then scribble a cute little design with a butter knife and layer that with strawberries! I guarantee, that cake never lasts a week in my home! I do not add pecans like some people do because I have family who's allergic. It still turns out delicious. So, how do you top your red velvet cake?

Reaction score
I just frost mine with cream cheese frosting. I love cream cheese frosting and it tastes delicious on red velvet cake. I may have to try putting strawberries on it since their one of my favorite fruits.

Reaction score
I frost mine as well! Cream cheese frosting sounds amazing on it too! I have put strawberries on top before, that's one of my favorite fruits too, and it tastes great!

Reaction score
I am a traditionalist and top mine with cream cheese frosting! I love cream cheese frosting and try to use it on anything I can get away with using it on!

Ask a Question