How do you treat your baking pans?

Reaction score
Do you dust with flour, use oil then flour, butter them, or use a cooking spray? What is your "go to" method for treating your baking pans?

Not all of my pans are non-stick. Even some of the ones that claim to be aren't so much.

Reaction score
I love non-stick pans. And yes, mine do stick, but not as bad as regular pans. I usually use baking spray with flour in it for baking, and regular non-stick spray for other foods.

Reaction score
Yes, I also have some non-stick pans that work better than regular pans, but not nearly as well as they should, based on the name. I sometimes spray with a Pam type spray, but if it's something delicate that really needs to slide out easily or will fall apart, I usually spray and then add a coating of flour, just to be sure.

Reaction score
The flour spray does work pretty well. Sometimes, I do like you said, @Diane.

I would love to get a hold of some baking pans that really don't stick. I remember seeing some old commercial where the muffins (or maybe they were cupcakes?) practically flew right out of the pan. I want that.. ha ha.

Reaction score
Well unfortunately the answer is not well. I am always spending money on baking ware and pots and pans, and it has to be more than the average person spends. I feel like I just suffer from a lack of space and a good place to put everything, so it ends up getting messy and that means that grime and grunge starts to build up quickly. Hopefully this will change soon, though.

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand the question fully because at a glance I would say I treat my pans badly. I use, wash and just stick them away out of sight. I have many that are rusty because I have not used them in years but don't want how to throw them out since I hear they can be restored.

I don't have any non stick pans that I can think of. When baking I grease and flour where necessary and recently when I made some scones I used a clean baking sheet plain and simple.

Ask a Question