How important are kitchen gadgets to you?

Reaction score
I never realized how important different kitchen gadgets would be to me until I began to cook different kinds of foods. Dishes that require dicing of vegetables, different styles of cuts of vegetables and fruits, and even spice racks that house the many different spices I have collected. I need more gadgets, LOL!

Reaction score
Personally the only gadget I couldn't live with out is my Kitchenaid mixer. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Reaction score
I love kitchen gadgets not only because they can facilitate our job cooking and baking, but also because many of them are truly decorative and gives the kitchen a personal touch.

Besides having a crush on kitchen electric appliances, I like to have specific cutters for this and that, containers with the shape of the vegetables or fruit that is going to be put into, and much, much more.

Reaction score
I love kitchen gadgets not only because they can facilitate our job cooking and baking, but also because many of them are truly decorative and gives the kitchen a personal touch.

Besides having a crush on kitchen electric appliances, I like to have specific cutters for this and that, containers with the shape of the vegetables or fruit that is going to be put into, and much, much more.
I agree that many kitchen gadgets really spruce up a kitchen. I really enjoy some of the mixers they have on the market now, all the different colors are really cute. I think it is important to put your personality into your baking, This is my mixer, I know the color isn't for everyone but I love it!
kitchen-aid-mixer.jpg

Reaction score
Space and money are at a premium for me, but yeah the mixer and slow cooker are both must haves. That and I'm glad I invested in a decent set of knives. Everything else I can fudge somehow :)

Reaction score
While I can easily get out of hand with buying kitchen gadgets (I recently unloaded a ton of them to my family and friends last year), there are a few that I really do use on a regular basis.

I love my electric food steamer. I hate waiting like 15 minutes for a pot of water to come to a boil so I can steam something, and microwaving often makes a mess of foods when you try to steam in them - you wind up with chewy burnt edges, uneven cooking, etc... The electric food steamer starts steaming in like 10-15 seconds. I can make home fries much faster in the morning, hard boil eggs without them bumping around and getting cracked, poach fish, make perfect rice in it, and more.

I also love my potato ricer. I have the kind that looks like a giant garlic press, not the spinning crank one. It makes the most perfect mashed potatoes, and I never have to worry about over mixing them to get out the lumps. You don't even need to peel the potatoes at all, just toss them in the oven for about an hour and a half (depending on their size) and throw them in it - the skin stays in the ricer.

My electric pressure cooker is another favorite, especially when I want to make something for myself without using a ton of pots and pans, and I want a slow cooked meal fast.

Reaction score
While I can easily get out of hand with buying kitchen gadgets (I recently unloaded a ton of them to my family and friends last year), there are a few that I really do use on a regular basis.

I love my electric food steamer. I hate waiting like 15 minutes for a pot of water to come to a boil so I can steam something, and microwaving often makes a mess of foods when you try to steam in them - you wind up with chewy burnt edges, uneven cooking, etc... The electric food steamer starts steaming in like 10-15 seconds. I can make home fries much faster in the morning, hard boil eggs without them bumping around and getting cracked, poach fish, make perfect rice in it, and more.

I also love my potato ricer. I have the kind that looks like a giant garlic press, not the spinning crank one. It makes the most perfect mashed potatoes, and I never have to worry about over mixing them to get out the lumps. You don't even need to peel the potatoes at all, just toss them in the oven for about an hour and a half (depending on their size) and throw them in it - the skin stays in the ricer.

My electric pressure cooker is another favorite, especially when I want to make something for myself without using a ton of pots and pans, and I want a slow cooked meal fast.
Oh Yes, I would love to have a pressure cooker. I buy fried chicken that is deep fried with some kind of pressure cooker and I was told that this is the home version of cooking chicken that way. I am scared of them though, I was told that they are unstable and can overflow or something. Have you had this issue?

Reaction score
Ok my most important gadgets are my food processor, dehydrator, canners, seal a meal, jerky gun and my crock pot. I use to have a great bread maker and a steamer but the bread maker messed up and my husband broke my steamer. He in turn, bought me a rice cooker/steamer that is horrible and I can never get it to work right for either rice or veggies. I think I have quite a few kitchen gadgets!

Reaction score
I want to start canning foods, but have no idea where to begin. I also want to make my own pickles and have the same issue. I see the canning jars at the store, but walk right passed them. maybe this site will help me figure out how to begin.

Reaction score
I never realized how important different kitchen gadgets would be to me until I began to cook different kinds of foods. Dishes that require dicing of vegetables, different styles of cuts of vegetables and fruits, and even spice racks that house the many different spices I have collected. I need more gadgets, LOL!
I still do everything by hand. I don't have the money to spend on gadgets, although there are a few things I would buy if I could. I also have a smaller kitchen so I don't have the space to store extra stuff, so I do it the old-fashioned way.

Reaction score
I have to say my go to gadget in the kitchen is my rice cooker. It does so much more that just cook rice. I used it to steam vegetable , cook chicken breast for recipes , and keep food warm. The rice cooker is definitely a gadget that is in heavy rotation.

Reaction score
Although I would love to one day man a kitchen filled with shiny appliances, I currently live in a small apartment that boasts a small kitchen. So naturally, I don't have much counter space available to stock with useful appliances. But so far, I haven't felt the affects. Aside from my small hand mixer, I'm content to arm myself with spoons and knives.

Ask a Question