How long can you freeze cookie dough?

Reaction score
If I have left over cookie dough I don't want to use, how long can I freeze it? Two weeks? Thirty Days?

I am curious because I am planning on giving out cookies on Christmas Eve. I probably won't use all of my dough for this project. Whatever's left, I'd like to bake in the future.

Reaction score
I would only keep my cookie dough for about two and half weeks. You could keep it long though if you wanted. I just don't want to waste any of my dough and try to keep it stored for a short period of time.

Reaction score
That is a good question. I would think a month or so. However, in my household it will never sit long enough to find out. I have a family of cookie monsters. As a matter of fact, they like to eat the cookie dough without it getting baked.

One of the things you could do, is added to vanilla or chocolate ice cream and make your own version of cookie dough ice cream. Just a thought.

Reaction score
I would think you could freeze it for a month or two also!
It seems like the times I've purchased already made dough that it says you can freeze it for a couple of months. I would think if it was much after that the dough would start to taste bad - as in stale or dried out. :)

Reaction score
I saw on Pinterest that you can scoop little balls of dough with a cookie scoop, freeze the dough balls on a cookie sheet and then transfer them to a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
That way you can just bake a couple of individual dough balls when the mood strikes instead of having to bake all the dough at once.

Reaction score
I like the idea of freezing them in balls of dough first. It would make the baking process much quicker the next time around! :)
And, it wouldn't take as long to do them that way. I would think trying to work with a huge clump of frozen dough would be frustrating
and time consuming! :)

Ask a Question