How many children do you bake with?

Reaction score
Because they get fidgety and at times lack focus, I try to limit the number of children I bake with. Less than three makes for the best conditions. This way, the baking project gets done successfully and everyone has fun.

How many children do you bake with?

baking.jpg

Reaction score
The simple answer to this question is none.

We have a rule when someone is in the kitchen cooking. If you aren't invited in then don't come in!

Reaction score
Two, mainly. My boys love to help out. I've been known to bake with a room full of children too though lol. The key is total involvement and making it fun! I love baking with kids. I really can't wait to be teaching my grandchildren next (in many years! lol) and hopefully it will be a roomful ;)

Reaction score
I bake in the kitchen with only one child. My niece helps in the kitchen a lot. She loves to bake breads, cakes and cookies. She is learning how to mix and measure the ingredients. She is a really good cook. She enjoys baking chocolate chip cookies or red velvet cake. It's fun teaching her in the kitchen.

Reaction score
At the moment, none! I would think any more than two at a time would be a bit of a headache if you're not making a big recipe.

Reaction score
I have two children and being in the kitchen with them at once sometimes drives me over the edge as they are always competing with each other. I cant imagine adding another child to these two it would drive me insane; i do enjoy cooking with them though.

Reaction score
I have two children, but I prefer to have them take turns baking with me. As Kammy says, with the two together, it can get a little competitive.

I try to bake at least once a week, so I will usually bake with one child, while the other is away doing something else. It's a nice opportunity to spend time together, just the two of us, and we can have conversations that we wouldn't usually have, during the hassle and bustle of normal family life. It's our special time.

Reaction score
I only have two children so it's usually just the three of us but sometimes my niece will come over and we all bake together. I find that if each child has a task then it all works out fine. I usually count how many ingredients there are and divide them evenly for the children to add to the bowl. I always let them take turns stirring with the spoon and then I take over with the mixer if necessary. If we are making cookies each child gets their own cookie sheet to fill with dough.

Ask a Question