How much should I charge?

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm new here and I am a home baker trying to get out there. So I have a cake order for a friend due in October (a ways away I know) but she recently quit her job so it's just her husband working right now and she wants to know how much it will be. Here's the thing, I have NEVER sold a cake before so I have no idea what to charge. It's gonna be a 3 tier topsy turvy mash up of Candyland and Trolls vanilla cake with raspberry filling, and edible images and I'm not sure on the frosting yet. I've attached a sketch of it. Pardon the crappy picture lol. So any ideas on a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

retired baker

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm new here and I am a home baker trying to get out there. So I have a cake order for a friend due in October (a ways away I know) but she recently quit her job so it's just her husband working right now and she wants to know how much it will be. Here's the thing, I have NEVER sold a cake before so I have no idea what to charge. It's gonna be a 3 tier topsy turvy mash up of Candyland and Trolls vanilla cake with raspberry filling, and edible images and I'm not sure on the frosting yet. I've attached a sketch of it. Pardon the crappy picture lol. So any ideas on a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated.
Google local cake suppliers , the local market is always a better guide than internet quotes from 2K miles away.
My first question is always how many people, then quote a price per person.
That also dictates the size of the cake.

Ask a Question