How to Easily Remove Almond Paste from #10 Cans

Reaction score
At our bakery, we use a lot of almond paste that comes in #10 cans.
The tops and bottoms of the cans are removed by can opener. Recently I found out that a baker is dislodging the cylinder of almond paste from the can by banging the can hard on the metal arm of a mixer's bowl holder. Not good.
Can anyone tell me a good, fast way to remove the almond paste from #10 cans?
Thank you again,
MacShop

Reaction score
The tops and bottoms of the cans are removed by can opener. Recently I found out that a baker is dislodging the cylinder of almond paste from the can by banging the can hard on the metal arm of a mixer's bowl holder. Not good.
Thank you again,
MacShop

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any fast easy way to get almond paste out of a can. Removing both the bottom and the top, and running a straight spatula around the inside of the can is about as good as it gets. Some tasks are just a pain.

The brand I now use is Mandelin. It comes in a tub. Excellent quality, but digging it out of a tub is a chore.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any fast easy way to get almond paste out of a can. Removing both the bottom and the top, and running a straight spatula around the inside of the can is about as good as it gets. Some tasks are just a pain.

The brand I now use is Mandelin. It comes in a tub. Excellent quality, but digging it out of a tub is a chore.
Thank you again NorCal! I picked up 2 types of narrow garden hand spades at the hardware store. Good leverage for scooping out those first spoonfuls.

Reaction score
Thank you again,
MacShop

Yes there is a very easy way.
No need to remove both ends.
Remove top and slam the can on its side a few times rotating it ea time. Really slam it, we're men around here.
Hold the can upside down and shake, the paste will fall out in one big thump.
Slamming the can compresses the paste very slightly and breaks it loose from the can.

Even if you only need a couple of pounds of paste, do this and then slice off what you need.

Ask a Question