How to fix a poorly decorated cake?

Reaction score
Hi all! Having a baby shower tomorrow for a friend and ordered a cake from a reputable baker in my area because it was one less thing I would have to worry about making myself. Well, the cake looks ridiculous. I asked for navy fondant with very simple gold brushstrokes around the tops of the layers. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this before tomorrow? I’m up for any suggestions— floral, edible decorations, non edible decorations... I just need it to not look like THIS. :( I appreciate any help!

Attachments

• E646F9D6-DF1E-4A87-9ABB-7024394B6595.jpeg
    E646F9D6-DF1E-4A87-9ABB-7024394B6595.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 344
Reaction score
Hi all! Having a baby shower tomorrow for a friend and ordered a cake from a reputable baker in my area because it was one less thing I would have to worry about making myself. Well, the cake looks ridiculous. I asked for navy fondant with very simple gold brushstrokes around the tops of the layers. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this before tomorrow? I’m up for any suggestions— floral, edible decorations, non edible decorations... I just need it to not look like THIS. :( I appreciate any help!

OMG! Personally I would demand a full refund. There’s not much you can do to fix that cake. There simply no amount of decorations to cover up the mistakes because the entire cake

All the fondant is ruined, plus she did not apply the fondant correctly. You can see the air bubbles forming under the fondant.

I would strip the find it offered the cake and turn it into a naked cake. Decorate the base with whole berries lightly brushed with apricot preservatives that have been heated and strained. Add sprigs of mint leave in with the berries.

Reaction score
Eek, that's awful! The baker should be ashamed, I can totally see why you were so disappointed. Did you manage to do anything to improve it in the end?

Ask a Question