How to keep rustic bread from drying

Reaction score
Hi all, I often buy additive free bread and by the next day it is already stale. If I keep it in a paper bag, then inside a plastic bag it does last a little longer. Does anyone else have a better tip?

Reaction score
Well I am not really sure what it is, but anything with the word rustic in it I find to be worth the effort, and it is always delicious. I cannot say that it is something that I am able to have on hand all that much, but I usually jump at the chance, so I would be curious to see what the best way to keep it fresh is.

Reaction score
We actually have a leftover bread right now. We keep it inside a plastic bag and placed in the vegetable section of the fridge. That would extend the life of the bread for a number of days, maybe up to 5 days. Reheating it would bring it back to life and it would taste like fresh bread again. But if kept for more than 5 days in the fridge, it would be good in making a pudding.

Ask a Question