How to Make Delicious Gluten-Free Biscuits

Reaction score
I can not seem to get gluten free biscuits to be great, or even barely edible at any rate. I've made them a few times and they are always SO dense and dry and flavor lacking. I've tried so many thing to get them just right and/or to try to compensate for this typical problem with gluten free flour, but to no avail :(
Please help me out!
What tips, advice, technique, or anything can you offer me to help me slay this dragon?

Reaction score
Just want to double check - do you mean biscuits as in the "American style" (like biscuits and gravy) or biscuits as in the UK style like what Americans would call cookies?

Reaction score
Sorry I should have specified. I mean biscuits American style like for biscuits and gravy, except that's not how I eat them. I think in the UK American biscuits are like savory sconces. Which I would also like to learn how to make, but they are hard to master in the first place, let alone trying to make them gluten free.

Reaction score
I'm in the UK, and I have tried making gluten free scones before and they were awful, really dry and crumbly :( If you do manage to find a good recipe I'd be interested to know!

Reaction score
I know it is frustrating, that has been my experience as well. For some reason I can make brownies and cookies like nobodies business, they are awesome, but savory stuff never takes. I wonder if it has something to do with the amount of sugar in the pastries? I know it's possible because we have so many gluten free bakeries where I live and they have amazing stuff. I'll have to do some more research, because I really want to master this.

Ask a Question