How to make donuts?

Reaction score
How do you make donuts? I would like to make donuts with a maple frosting. Can anyone help me out?

Reaction score
I love everything about pastry from baking donuts to blue-berry muffins. I have this one shop where I reside, and it is the only place I go to for Danishes. I want to learn how to make Danishes, but I only want to make cherry, pine-apple and apple. If anyone has any suggestions as to where to begin please let me know.

Reaction score
I know that you can purchase a donut maker online. I remember seeing one on Amazon. It has to be delicious making them scratch I would like to try one day. I might give it shot next week.

Reaction score
Ya'll are gonna call me a bad baker because I make what I think are fantastic doughnuts but I so cheat. First I get my cast iron pot I use as a deep fryer going then I get several bowls with toppings: plain glaze, chocolate frosting, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles and nuts. Then I get the tubes of biscuits not flakey and pull holes in the center of them and as wide as I want them to be without breaking them. I then put them in the deep fryer getting both sides golden brown and as soon as they come out I put them at the front of the line of bowls so the family can make whatever kind of doughnut they want. They rock my socks!

Reaction score
I have always done the biscut donuts too. Really I run to the store and buy them because donuts intimidate me a little bit. I guess I should try it more often. It seems like so many steps. Then the oil splatters lol. I need to toughen up. Im not experienced with deep frying but I should learn. There is nothing like a warm donut!

Reaction score
I know that you can purchase a donut maker online. I remember seeing one on Amazon. It has to be delicious making them scratch I would like to try one day. I might give it shot next week.

I have a donut maker. I know it's lazy and not real baking, but on a hot day, it's a lot easier to turn on the little electric donut maker than to heat up the house by baking something. Donut maker doughnuts are cake doughnuts and some people use the recipes in the booklet, but others go the super lazy route and use cake mix.

Reaction score
I have made them twice before, and I used this following recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-and-creamy-doughnuts/ It worked out great the second time, but on the first occasion I think I used too much yeast, because the taste was a little bitter. The second time they came out great though!

Thanks for the links, I have bookmarked it so I can give this recipe a try and see how they come out. My kids love donuts and I like me some glazed ones now and again.

Reaction score
Ya'll are gonna call me a bad baker because I make what I think are fantastic doughnuts but I so cheat. First I get my cast iron pot I use as a deep fryer going then I get several bowls with toppings: plain glaze, chocolate frosting, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles and nuts. Then I get the tubes of biscuits not flakey and pull holes in the center of them and as wide as I want them to be without breaking them. I then put them in the deep fryer getting both sides golden brown and as soon as they come out I put them at the front of the line of bowls so the family can make whatever kind of doughnut they want. They rock my socks!

That sounds like it would be really easy and quick to make some good donuts and I like the way you let everybody add their own topping on the doughnuts. I have never made doughnuts, but I have always wanted to and so I am looking for different recipes to try out. I am going to give this one a try too and see how they come out. Thanks for your recipe!

Reaction score
That sounds like it would be really easy and quick to make some good donuts and I like the way you let everybody add their own topping on the doughnuts. I have never made doughnuts, but I have always wanted to and so I am looking for different recipes to try out. I am going to give this one a try too and see how they come out. Thanks for your recipe!
I have four kids. Everyone of them picky eaters so buffet style eating works best at home and out. The love it when I do doughnut morning! I that is their favorite ,potato pancakes coming in a close second.

Reaction score

So, do you use the Grands buttermilk biscuits? The idea of buffet style doughnuts sounds kind of awesome. I don't think cheating sometimes makes you a bad baker. As long as it saves you time and the result tastes good, it's not a big deal.

Reaction score
So, do you use the Grands buttermilk biscuits? The idea of buffet style doughnuts sounds kind of awesome. I don't think cheating sometimes makes you a bad baker. As long as it saves you time and the result tastes good, it's not a big deal.
I use any brand of biscuits as long as it is not the flaky variety. I find the cheaper ones that come in a pack of four are best.

Reaction score
I've never made doughnuts before but I might just use this and see how it goes. I do enjoy the occasional doughnut too and this seems like a really easy fail proof recipe for the kids to enjoy.

Reaction score
Homemade donuts are amazingly moist and delicious. My mom and aunts make them all the time, but I never tried making them myself. I watch my mom making the batter and she didn't use many ingredients. I watch her poured the batter into a Donut Maker and cover the donuts until their done. :)

My aunts on the other hand fry theirs in Peanut Oil which was pretty amazing, but I find my mom's way is much healthier :D. Sometimes, I will stop off to the pastry shop and buy one or two on my way to work. I think I am going to try making my own donuts this weekend! :p

Reaction score
I actually tried the cheat guide to making doughnuts from tubes o biscuit and it was so easy, fast and definitely fun since I got my friends' kids to join in too. I had never really thought I would be making doughnuts but it supposedly being Doughnut Day yesterday, I tried it and it was definitely awesome. We only had two choices of toppings, powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar but I will definitely look to adding more toppings the next time around.

Reaction score
Homemade doughnuts are delicious and I haven't had them in ages. My Grandmother made them from scratch and I remember sitting at the table watching her, waiting for that first doughnut to come out. My mouth waters just thinking about it! Warm with icing sugar all over, it would melt in your mouth. Now I'm hungry ;)!

Reaction score

Attachments

• ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 574
Reaction score
I don't know how to make donuts, but I did come across this adorable mini donut factory! I'm not sure if it's any good (judging from the reviews - it's not that great), but it's still adorable!

Photo Credit/More Information: http://gizmodo.com/5825687/this-180-wondermachine-makes-donuts-automagically
I think it would be great fun to have around. I imagine it is still a bit of work and people think because they have a gadget there should be no work at all. I am quite tempted.....

Reaction score
I think it would be great fun to have around. I imagine it is still a bit of work and people think because they have a gadget there should be no work at all. I am quite tempted.....

Haha! I'm sure it works to a degree. The question is how good are the donuts? Though, it is a cute little gadget!

Reaction score

Ask a Question