Tips for Perfectly Bubbly and Browned Cookies

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to many different recipes for months now and I am needing help! See how this cookie sort of puffs up into a bubbly look the way it bakes ? How do I get that look?? Also I love how it is browned - convection ? Any help really appreciated !!

Attachments

• 08854DC6-55A7-4946-A601-E9AC014DB4EB.jpeg
    08854DC6-55A7-4946-A601-E9AC014DB4EB.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 367
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to many different recipes for months now and I am needing help! See how this cookie sort of puffs up into a bubbly look the way it bakes ? How do I get that look?? Also I love how it is browned - convection ? Any help really appreciated !!

Its thick and cakey, like a scone.
If you have a recipe try using some cake flour.
Try this.

Reaction score

It’s cookie did not bubble up, rather it was formed with a scoop (AKA isher) and it did not spread.

to control the spread of the cookie dough:

Sugar to flour ratio: flour must be greater than sugar by weight. In a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe the sugar is greater then the flour by weight. Sugar is usually 100%—110% the weight of the flour.
to control the spread of the cookie you must reduce the sugar to about 75%-80%.

Type of sugar: Granulated sugar causes spreading as it’s dissolves during baking. Most chocolate chip cookie recipes contain both brown sugar and granulated sugar. use a slightly higher percentage of brown sugar for a thicker cookie

increase chocolate: Due to the reduction in sugar the sweetness of the cookie must be adjusted. Increase the amount of chopped chocolate to 150% The weight of the flour.

Nuts: if you zoom in on this photograph you’ll see bits of nuts. The nuts help hold the dough together.

Hydration of the flour: after mixing the dough it’s important to leave the dough in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flour to hydrate.

Browning: The browning is a result of sugars. Also any malt in the flour.

A lot of the recipes on the Internet use cornstarch to stop the spreading. Aside from altering the taste and texture of the cookie, ir will also inhibit browning.

Ask a Question