How to price my bake goods to make money?

Reaction score
I have been baking for years it is one of favorite things to do. Everyone always loves everything I make, with that being said people told me to post online to see if anyone wanted to order so I posted around about my cupcakes and tons where interested. Price wise I have been listing them at $18 a dozen for filled cupcakes and I have my first large order due on monday of 13 dozen. I also recently made different kind of cake balls dipped in chocolate and sprinkled along with chocolate covered pretzel rods and I have had a lady wanting to place an order for them. I never thought about selling them but heck if my cupcakes are going good then why not, the problem is I have no clue how to price them to make a proffit with out over charging. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please help!

Thanks Ashley

Reaction score
Well i think you could do a research online and see how other persons who are offering the same services price their products...i can't see you going wrong if you should do that.

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is see what the local bakery price them at and also the supermarkets and price them in between. It depends on the cake so I can't say and also how big they are too.

I would price them individually or break it down so people can see how much it is per cake and then a price for a dozen (cheaper or throw in one for free). You could then also give discounts for bulk orders, but make sure you get a deposit.

Ask a Question