How to Remove Mold from KitchenAid Mixer Bowl

Reaction score
I just noticed that my favorite mixer bowl has mold between the plastic threading on the bottom and the glass bowl! Anyone know how to get it out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 377
Reaction score
I just noticed that my favorite mixer bowl has mold between the plastic threading on the bottom and the glass bowl! Anyone know how to get it out?

I would contact KitchenAid. First of all mold is a health risk. Two, you don’t know if bleach will crack/damage the plastic and/or etch the glass. So you need to find out the best way to kill the mold. Third, if there’s mold on the bowl, there’s mold on the base; so you need to find out what is safe to kill mold spores on the machine base. Lastly, you need to find out why this happened.

My guess is you placed the bowl on the base with the bottom wet. In food service, equipment has to be washed in 180°F (82°C) water or higher and heat dry in the dishwasher dry cycle or air dried. You cannot towel dry anything because towels can harbor bacteria.

Ask a Question