How to store royal icing

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to send cookies and royal icing to my little niece so she would be able to decorate cookies by herself.
Since royal icing will be out of fridge, I will make it only with sugar, water and colors. But there is another problem - after a day or two out of fridge the water starts to separate. I know it can be mixed again, but I would like to send royal icing in bags so my little niece can start decorating without any additional work.

Do you have any idea how to make royal icing so the water will not separate if not storing it in the fridge?

Thank you for all your advices.
Nika

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to send cookies and royal icing to my little niece so she would be able to decorate cookies by herself.
Since royal icing will be out of fridge, I will make it only with sugar, water and colors. But there is another problem - after a day or two out of fridge the water starts to separate. I know it can be mixed again, but I would like to send royal icing in bags so my little niece can start decorating without any additional work.

Do you have any idea how to make royal icing so the water will not separate if not storing it in the fridge?

Thank you for all your advices.
Nika

well don’t send her mixed icing. Send her the ingredients for royal icing using meringue powder. Then have her mix it herself. If she’s a child have her parent mix it.

here‘s a recipe for royal icing using meringue powder.

Reaction score
Thank you. But I would like to color the icing, thats the reason I would like to send it ready.

Reaction score
Thank you. But I would like to color the icing, thats the reason I would like to send it ready.

Send food coloring. The texture, color, and the consistency deteriorates after it is mixed. Shipping it is a bad idea. If you want to send a cookie project, send a a kit so she can make her own.

Ask a Question