How to use up left over rolls from the day before

Reaction score
I love getting rolls for my soup but I don't always eat them in the same day that I got them. A friend told me that she makes garlic bead with it so I gave it a try one day and I have to say that it came out pretty good. This is what I used:

Bread rolls left over from the day before ( if they are too hard don't used them)

Finely chop up some garlic or if you don't like using fresh garlic use dried works the same way.

Mix butter with garlic and spread evenly on the rolls.

Put in oven for 15-20 mins ( until bread is golden brown)

You can cut the rolls into section like you would get in the supermarket after you have put the garlic butter.
There you have it some garlic bread rolls.

I hope you give this a try let me know if you put other things like spices on your garlic bread. I would love to try something new.

Reaction score
a Panzanella salad - it's basically just diced stale bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, some parmesan, fresh herbs such as basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. You have to eat it right away though since it doesn't hold up well.

You could also put them in the oven a bit to make big round "croutons" out of them to use in a french onion soup. Just place the croutons in the soup and top with some provolone cheese and broil it all until the cheese is golden.

I suppose you could also throw them in a food processor and make fresh breadcrumbs to use in meatballs.

Reaction score
You can use left over rolls for pretty much anything. You can use them in addition with your salad. The bread can be used to make bread crumbs or for mini sandwiches. The possibilities are endless and you should just get in the kitchen and experiment!

Reaction score
You can use left over rolls for pretty much anything. You can use them in addition with your salad. The bread can be used to make bread crumbs or for mini sandwiches. The possibilities are endless and you should just get in the kitchen and experiment!

I had tried putting rolls into salads and I don't like it. its grand to make break crumbs but I don't use bread crumbs that much. As for the mini sandwiches they rolls are to hard for my taste to make sandwiches out of them. I like my bread fresh to make sandwiches with.

Reaction score
a Panzanella salad - it's basically just diced stale bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, some parmesan, fresh herbs such as basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. You have to eat it right away though since it doesn't hold up well.

You could also put them in the oven a bit to make big round "croutons" out of them to use in a french onion soup. Just place the croutons in the soup and top with some provolone cheese and broil it all until the cheese is golden.

I suppose you could also throw them in a food processor and make fresh breadcrumbs to use in meatballs.

Oh I love croutons in my soup, but when I make soup I seem to always forget to make some. That salad sound nice.

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea Christina!

I'm the kind of person always seeking what to do with the day before bread at home, and always seeking for innovative ways to use it.

Reaction score
You can alway take them and add some extra herbs and spices put them in the food processor and make some flavored bread curmbs. Old rolls can also be used to make stuffing for chiken breast of even pork chops.

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea Christina!

I'm the kind of person always seeking what to do with the day before bread at home, and always seeking for innovative ways to use it.

I am like that too. I hate seeing food go to waste. Its such a shame. There is countries that don't have the food that we do and so many people leave so much food to waste its such a shame. I don't mean to preach or anything.

Reaction score
You can alway take them and add some extra herbs and spices put them in the food processor and make some flavored bread curmbs. Old rolls can also be used to make stuffing for chiken breast of even pork chops.

Funny enough I tried that a few days ago and it did't go as I hoped it would. I don't know what I did. I must try again. I didn't put the love in to it that day.

Reaction score
There have been plenty great ideas in here, I'll probably try some of these myself. I would also think using the leftover rolls for a bread pudding would be delicious too, depending on how many rolls are leftover.

Reaction score
There have been plenty great ideas in here, I'll probably try some of these myself. I would also think using the leftover rolls for a bread pudding would be delicious too, depending on how many rolls are leftover.
That's a great idea, something I didn't think of.

Reaction score
Funny enough I tried that a few days ago and it did't go as I hoped it would. I don't know what I did. I must try again. I didn't put the love in to it that day.

Maybe they were not dry enought, Next time try puting them in the oven for a few minutes to toast them up a bit. Then put them in the food processor , this will help you get better texture.

Reaction score
I make sandwiches with our left over rolls. It is a quick and easy lunch and then I can usually get rid of them the next day. I just get some meat and cheese or I will mix up tuna salad or chicken salad and they are always a hit. I do put them in the oven to warm them up so they will be soft too.

Reaction score
You can crush the rolls and use them to coat chicken or pork chops. Basically, you use the bread crumbs to create your own "Shake n Bake." I add a few sprinkles of herbs to the bread crumbs to give the chicken more flavor.

Reaction score
Bread that is a little bit stale is perfect for use in a bread pudding.

Another thought is that you could dry it out in the oven and use it for breadcrumbs in recipes or even make your own croutons.

Reaction score
So you make mini garlic bread. Along the same line if you don't have garlic, mince up some white or red onions (they are less harsh) and use butter or olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesian cheese. You can always cut them up and either bake or fry up the pieces as croutons. You can hollow them out, fill with chili and bake with a little cheese on top..sort of a mini bread bowl.

Reaction score
I make croutons with leftover bread rolls from the day before. Chopped the leftover bread rolls into small cubes. Place small cubes into a mixing bowl. Add herbs, olive oil and spices to the small croutons. Pour croutons into a baking pan. Place croutons into an oven and bake until golden brown. Serve the croutons with soups and salads.

Reaction score
That was my thought too, you can make bread pudding or this crazy French toast casserole that I keep seeing on Pinterest that has cut up leftover bread and all the French toast ingredients baked in a pan and you cut it into slices and drizzle syrup on it.

Reaction score
I like to make bread pudding and cinnamon pull a parts when I have left over bread products. Both are easy to make and turn out to be good dessert items.

Ask a Question