How would you adjust this cookie recipe?

Reaction score
Hey folks I was wondering if you would all chime in with your experiences and advice on what to change in this cookie recipe?

Serves: 18
  • 115g butter
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 75g soft brown sugar
  • 130g peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 125g plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 40g oats
  • 170g dark chocolate chips
I chopped and added a good handful of macadamia nuts and reduced the chocolate chips to 50g

What else would/could you do to get a better cooke. Mind you they have turned out really nice and chewy :)

Reaction score
That all depends on what you mean by "get a better cookie".
It all depends on your taste. What I like isn't going to be the same as what you like.

In my case, I'd leave out the oats, use flour, and put in more nuts and chocolate.

Reaction score
The addition of nuts and chopped dates make a real nice cookie. Use them in place of the chocolate. I mostly go for walnuts and pecans because I have a ready supply of them. Not big into oatmeal, but it will work if you are trying for better nutrition. I find that the oatmeal keeps the cookie from spreading and for that reason will take a floured glass bottom and press it down about half way. Either that or do the tines of a fork on top. I'd drop the PB as I am not a fan of it in cookies.

Ask a Question