How would you make a tangerine pie?

Reaction score
I've had this idea in my head to try making a tangerine pie... similar to lemon meringue, I guess, but I'm not sure I'd keep the meringue part. I figured I'd juice some tangerines and use unflavored gelatin for the base. If I don't like the way meringue tastes on it, I'm not sure what else I would use. What flavors would go well with tangerine?

Reaction score
I love chocolate and orange together, so a chocolate topping would be lovely. As tangerines have a more delicate flavour you would have to be careful about not overpowering it though, so how about piping chocolate flavoured whipped cream on top of the base? Alternatively you could make a chocolate pastry instead perhaps, and maybe dust the top with cocoa powder if you used meringue.

Reaction score
I love chocolate and orange together, so a chocolate topping would be lovely. As tangerines have a more delicate flavour you would have to be careful about not overpowering it though, so how about piping chocolate flavoured whipped cream on top of the base? Alternatively you could make a chocolate pastry instead perhaps, and maybe dust the top with cocoa powder if you used meringue.

That is an absolutely genius recommendation. I can't even process how yummy I think the result would be.

I was actually thinking along the lines of candying the tangerine peels and incorporating them into the crust (remove as much of the pith as you can) so that you could have a more concentrated flavor with each bite. Dates also go well with citrus fruits, so you could include a few as a sweetened and cute down on the sugar.

Reaction score
This one looks kinda yummy. I would top it with stabilized whipped cream instead of meringue.

Ask a Question