Howdy from KY

Reaction score
Hello hello all. Nothing spectacular here, mom of 4 gorgeous girls who loves to cook and recently discovered I'm an idiot savant when it comes to baking. Been trying my hand at a few things that may be old or retired to some, but totally new to me, lol. It's a joy of mine to prepare baked goodies for my girls because we all possess a nasty sweet tooth, and at least this way, I can put more healthy spins on certain desserts and I'm well aware of what they're putting in their bodies. So far my 14 and 10 year old have requested that I start a cookbook, in the off chance that I suddenly pass away, they'll have my recipes. Sunny little minions, huh?

Reaction score
Welcome MyOCDisMild. Let those kids know you are not going anywhere anytime soon:). Still it would be good to leave them a cookbook for another hundred years down the road. I came to the forum with very little skills in the baking department. Most of my baking was box cakes. This has been about two or more weeks now that I have not picked up anything in a box. What I have been doing is buying more ingredients than before with a view to doing much more things from scratch. I don't have a sweet tooth but I am interested in trying new things for my two "kids": my husband and my grown son.:)

Start looking around and see what grabs your attention and let's get the book started.Welcome again.

Reaction score
Hi there! Hehehe, I was laughing a bit at the last bit of your message, if my children said that I'd feel so honored and happy to know they actually like my coking. To be honest there are times I'm not a big fan of my cooking, but meh! Anyways, I just wanted to offer you a warm welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, MyOCD, glad to have ya!

While I have been away, I was taking care of my sick Grandmother. On this side of the family they used oil in almost everything. My other Grandmother used to use crushed pineapples instead of oil. I tried to trick my Grandmother I was caring for & she never even knew the difference!! Even though it was her own recipe. It worked!! and not only that she told me I made it better.:)
An amazing feeling coming from Grandma!

Again welcome!

Ask a Question