I am looking for an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe!! Anyone have one?

Reaction score
I have always made oatmeal raisin cookies from the package. Truth be told, I have NEVER made a homemade batch before. I would love to have a simple, healthy recipe for them! Do you have one?! Thanks!

Reaction score
Simple, yes. Healthy... it depends on how you adjust it. I also never use shortening. I tend to use butter, but I've heard you can do applesauce too. These have been my "go to." I have made them many different ways over the years, including making cooking bars. Sometimes, I use Craisins and orange zest too.

I originally got the recipe from Bisquick. I was gifted some Bisquick recipe cards a long time ago, so that's where I originally got this recipe with the unusual name, but I found a copy online: Camper's Gorp Cookies.

Reaction score
This is an experimental recipe of my husband. A cup of oatmeal and 2 cups of flour with half a cup of raisins and a can of condensed milk plus 2 eggs and a dash of baking powder. The flour is made into a dough using the milk and eggs. When blended, add the oatmeal and blend again so the raisins can be added later. Make the dough in the shape of cookies when placing into the flat pan. Bake until the cookies turn brown.

PS. Bake at your own risk.

Reaction score
.@Corzhens, I am guessing that the condense milk provides all the sweetness you are going to need hence no sugar? I usually don't buy condense milk but saw a tin my son brought home after a cook out he and his friends had. Maybe I should try this at my own risk:).

Reaction score
Here it is labeled sweetened condensed milk, and yes, it should have all the sweetness you will need. I use it when I make pumkin pie for a creamier texture (instead of the milk and sugar called for in the recipe). It would probably work for cookies too, although it might alter the consistency a bit.

Ask a Question