I am looking for ideas/recipes for unusual cookies

Reaction score
Okay, when I say usual I mean, not boring sugar or peanut butter cookies. I am not looking for an earthworm recipe like that woman who won an award, because it was "healthy" (packed with protein) cookies. I am just tired of the run-of-the-mill stuff, and wanted to take a stab at something new. This has to be something that kids can eat, so nothing with alcohol, please! Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
I wrote an article on unusual cookies recently and I just made up different cookie flavors in my head and then googled the term. If you type in something like "raspberry cookie" you will find a recipe for it somewhere. Allrecipes.com has a huge assortment of different recipes there. I think people just submit their own. All you need to do is come up with what type of cookies you would like to make and see if a recipe exists. If not, it is time to head into your test kitchen and create one!

Reaction score
I cannot afford to test run ideas in the physical world. I cannot say for sure what I want either. I wouldn't be able to put in a search, because I don't know what I am looking for. I would love to go somewhere and peruse the recipes and see pictures of the completed product. Does Allrecipes,com do that? I don't think they do.

Reaction score
I wrote an article on unusual cookies recently and I just made up different cookie flavors in my head and then googled the term. If you type in something like "raspberry cookie" you will find a recipe for it somewhere. Allrecipes.com has a huge assortment of different recipes there. I think pieople just submit their own. All you need to do is come up with what type of cookies you would like to make and see if a recipe exists. If not, it is time to head into your test kitchen and create one!
Tina Nord, this should be interesting information for me, the newbie cookie maker don't you think:)? I did look up Allrecipes and saw some yummy looking cookies. I don't have specific needs right now however. I am quite happy with run of mill stuff at this early stage to be honest. I am guessing Primalclaws should still be able to find something there. Then there is Pinterest which I am still trying to understand but the stuff usually looks great.

Reaction score
You could always take a boring recipe and spice it up by adding some fresh new ingredient. Add in some extracts or a new flavor of chocolate chips. Throw in some candy or maybe a fruit puree. Try up dating a recipe you already use.

Reaction score
I recently learned out how to make a caramel apple cookie. You basically just take a run of the mill chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and instead of adding chocolate chips, put in chopped dried apple slices and caramel chips in it. If you can't find caramel chips, then just cut up caramels into little chunks.

Ask a Question