I got my tooth pulled.....

Reaction score
I feel so miserable with getting another two pulled. It has been 8 years ago since I have gotten my tooth pulled for the first time, thinking this time would have been easier, but I was wrong this time was the worst. I have two wisdom teeth that needs to be removed. I can't go through with getting them pulled. What should I do?

Reaction score
Do you HAVE to get them pulled? Are they growing in wrong and that is the reason? If so, I don't believe there is any other way to deal with it. If you have to go through with getting them pulled, then think about what made your first time doing it so bad? I remembered getting a tooth pulled and it was not so bad. Though I hear getting the wisdom teeth out tends to be slightly more complicated than other teeth. Are you able to take that day off? You will probably have a swollen face and probably won't be much use anyway. I am sure your dentist will be able to write you a note to help back you up, they aren't just for school aged people. Try to keep everything you do for at least a day to a minimum.

The dentist will probably already tell you this but stick to liquids the first few hours and maybe even that day, depending on how you react to everything. Then you will try to have soft foods, then semi-soft, then move back to a regular diet as you feel you are ready. Keep sugary drinks to a minimum, because you don't want to irritate where the teeth where pulled.

Trust me, if you need them pulled it's better to go along with it then risk them messing up the rest of your mouth.

Reaction score
Yes, here it is day four and my mouth still hurts, I cant eat really anything and I had to go back to work because I was told to return on Monday. I never wish this pain on my worst enemy. I will just pray my way through this one. Thanks for all the replies.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, hope the pain improves soon! I've had a lot of teeth out in the past (small mouth and big teeth!) but the worst was definitely a wisdom tooth. All I can recommend is strong pain killers, icepacks against your jaw, and a bit of TLC. It should improve soon, so if it doesn't then see your dentist/doctor. Thinking of you xxx

Reaction score
I have had wisdom tooth removed and I didn't want to get the other ones removed, but one of my wisdom teeth has chipped and it's cutting into my gums so I can't put it off any longer. I just hope that this time is better than last time.

Reaction score
I have had wisdom tooth removed and I didn't want to get the other ones removed, but one of my wisdom teeth has chipped and it's cutting into my gums so I can't put it off any longer. I just hope that this time is better than last time.

I had a really sharp edge on one of my wisdom teeth and the dentist filed it down so that I didn't have to have it taken out - might be worth checking if they can do the same? I guess it depends how big the chip is though!

Reaction score
So sorry your in pain. Have you tried some home remedies for the pain. I have Tmj so chronic moth pain is something I live with. Try drinking some peppermint tea. Swish is around in your mouth before you swallow and that will help with the throbbing. Also try rinsing your mothe out with warm salt water. Help this helps.

Reaction score
I had all of my impacted wisdom teeth removed and it was bad but a few things helped get me through it. After you have the procedure follow the ice on for 20 minutes and off for 20 minutes, I did this religiously for 2 days and it really helped. I would also recommend taking 3 advil every 2-3 hours (your doctor will recommend what they think is best) even if you feel like you don't need it I would still take it for a day or so, nothing worse than letting the pain come back and the last thing you want is for the pain to wake you up in the middle of the night. Lastly, follow their directions about what you can and can't eat. Eating pudding and water ice can get boring, but if you try to eat something you shouldn't you'll be miserable. Good luck I hope you feel better!

Ask a Question