I need a new oven...

Reaction score
I need a new oven, the one I have is too small (so standard trays won't even fit) and every time I bake a cake, it sinks.

I only have space for a small, standalone oven (like this, not sure what this type of oven is called).

Would someone be able to give me tips of what I should look for in a good model? What should I take into consideration, brands, etc.

Reaction score
I have a rather ancient Oster brand "countertop convection" oven, which has convection-bake, regular bake, broil, and toast capacities. I must have had it for about 15 years and it's still working fine. I bought a newer model as a gift within the past 2 years, I think this is the model: https://www.target.com/p/oster-174-...ess-steel-tssttvsk02/-/A-15658823#lnk=sametab It has a pretty large capacity, I think a 9 x 13" casserole pan fits in there. I kind of preferred the knob controls to the digital display, for the mere reason that there's less to electronically fail.

I've seen YouTube ads popping up for a new Breville Smart Oven Air (https://www.brevilleusa.com/collections/smart-ovens/products/the-smart-oven-air?variant=33978168017) which looks like it has a lot of advanced features -- though it is rather pricy.

Reaction score
That oven is rather pricey... although it might be necessary to spend so much! My dilemma is also how long I'll be staying in Mexico, I can see myself here a long time so the investment could possibly work out

Reaction score
Well, the added wrinkle for you is that if you do leave North America, I guess the oven wouldn't be the right voltage/plug. Also you might need to check what type of plug it has, I believe it might be a three-prong grounded plug, and unless the info I looked up, you might only have type A (as demonstrated) outlet: https://whatplug.info/from/usa/to/mexico

I would think the Oster or equivalent would do pretty nicely. Would be nice if you could see them in stores, especially if they also sell baking pans there, you could try them to make sure the standard sizes fit.

Reaction score
This time of year you should be able to find a nice oven at a decent price.

Black and Decker and Hamilton Beach make some good products that don't cost a lot.

The Black and Decker ones don't come with double racks though, not that I have found.
The Hamilton Beach ones come one rack and two rack sized.

I've had Hamilton Beach before and they are pretty good. This model shown can be found for around $60.00, maybe less, since everybody is having sales right now.

31100.jpg

Reaction score
Oster Toaster Oven 2.jpg

I have THIS one. An Oster countertop toaster oven. Compact, but it works very well & has a convection fan to help curculate the heated air to bake foods evenly & efficiently!!

Ask a Question