I s'pose I should make things official.....

Reaction score
Was searching the 'net for an answer to a baking problem and google saw fit to toss Baking Forums into the mix (pun intended ;-).
Lurked around for a bit and you guys all sounded so friendly I decided to sign up and stay awhile.
In a nutshell...my baking history is long and storied (worked in the hospitality industry to not only support my girls but pay my way thru school) and then just ...stayed lol... until recently retiring.
So here I am with time on my hands and ready to roll (another pun...but promise it is my last ;).

Reaction score
Hello! Can I call you FSEB for short? LOL Thats a lot of name to roll off the tongue.:D

I was in the baking game for years. Worked in some bakeries around my area where I lived.
Still do a little bit of baking for friends now. But for me, there wasn't enough money in baking, so I switched to office work....have been doing that since 2000.

Apparently there isn't any money in baking unless you work for yourself. I never could get a loan for my own bakery or cafe, so I just gave it all up completely.

Now I just pass on what I have learned over the years. Hopefully someone, somewhere will be able to use some of it to their advantage and actually make money at it.

Don't worry about the puns, we like those around here!!!! LOL

Reaction score
Call me what you want as long as you don't call me late for dinner lol.
Remember that old chestnut?
Good thing you stayed working for others.
I see bakeries and caterers closing down left and right.

Reaction score
Prolly my main reason to sell most of my stuff then take my baseball and go home.
First the AFA now the $15 min wage.
They are killin' us.
And that ain't no LOL !

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum @floursugareggsandbutter. It sounds as if you have a lot of wisdom to impart, and I'm looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your recipes and pictures of what you're working on.

Reaction score
glad to have you here Huny :) we do love all the puns you have and I'm pretty new at baking,so i will be looking forward to learning from you

Ask a Question