I want cookies!

Reaction score
I have been watching my carbs, but I really, really want some cookies. So, I started looking around for a recipe that I might be able to use. I found one for peanut butter cookies that has no flour or sugar. It just uses peanut butter, Splenda, eggs, and vanilla.

I'm just wondering if these would be any good, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has tried something like this. If so, were they good? I'd love to have some cookies that I could eat, but I'd hate to waste the ingredients if they're not good.

Reaction score
I've had those before.........cause I will eat ANYTHING with peanut butter!!!! They were pretty good! Although they were a bit on the sweet side, I don't like my sweets REALLY sugary sweet. I like just enough sugar in something to make it tasty.

As for watching your carbs.....
If you limit yourself to TWO cookies per day, you can have a couple of cookies every day if you want. As long as they aren't loaded with sugary additions like candy bits, choco chips, etc...

You might try diabetic cookies. Some diabetic cookie brands are very tasty, and not loaded with sugar or carbs.

If you want flourless cookies, you might try cookies made with egg whites as a base (meringue cookies), or tofu cookies, or even cookies with coconut or fruit bases.

There is an old cookie recipe that uses dates as a base instead of flour. They are freeking awesome, as I love dates.
I can't remember what they are called though. They have dates, coconut, and pecans in them I know for sure, but don't recall anything else that might be in them. I remember I couldn't get enough of those when I was little!

Oh, and if you want to add some chocolate chips to any cookie recipe, you might try using carob chips instead! It is a chocolate alternative. I like carob as much as I do chocolate. Carob doesn't require much sugar to make it sweet like chocolate does, and carob is supposedly better for you than chocolate. If you don't know what you are eating, you won't know you are eating carob, you will think it's a milk chocolate of some type.

Reaction score
No flour and no sugar sounds interesting, that's for sure. I've never seen a cookie recipe like it - usually if I'm craving cookies, I'll just have one. Sometimes I find that if I try and replicate something, I end up eating that as well as real cookies -- because whatever I made just didn't satisfy my sweets craving!

Ask a Question