Ice-cream bread... as in bread made from ice-cream!

Reaction score
I keep seeing this cropping up on the net, and I can't wait to give it a try!! Apparently if you mix melted ice-cream (any flavour you want) with self-raising flour, you get ice-cream bread. Given all the sugar in the ice-cream I imagine it would taste more like cake than bread though.

http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/03/ice-cream-bread.html

I really like the look of this one! http://www.instructables.com/id/Chunky-Monkey-Ice-Cream-Bread/

FLB7ZFMH9T4QNMJ.LARGE.jpg

YUMMY! :D

Reaction score
No that is a new one that I have never heard of but I think I will give it a whirl. Sounds like it would be very moist and I would think that it would taste more like cake too. But I guess I won't know till I try it..... I will let you know, thanks for the idea!!

Reaction score
This looks really tasty, it doesn't resemble much to the title as I had pictured however the recipe looks great, I will be gibing this a shot myself.

Reaction score
I've seen this around also, but frankly I'm afraid to try it. I mean, it's probably a lot like a cake, but the thought of that much ice cream being used as an ingredient just makes me think it can't possibly be healthy.

Reaction score
I've seen this around also, but frankly I'm afraid to try it. I mean, it's probably a lot like a cake, but the thought of that much ice cream being used as an ingredient just makes me think it can't possibly be healthy.

It's a given that it's probably not healthy, I just wonder if it tastes good.
It's kind of weird to use ice cream in baking bread. I can't even imagine how that would work.

Reaction score
I wonder what flavours would be good? The banana ice-cream one looks good, especially with the extra chocolate and banana. Rum and raisin might be a good one too!

Reaction score
Holy cow that looks incredibly tasty! I think me and my grandmother are going to try to make this tomorrow, will let you guys know how it goes!

Reaction score
I've never heard of it before but it looks absolutely yummy! I might just give this a try and see how it goes.

Reaction score
I have also been hearing about ice cream bread a lot lately. Haven't had the chance to try it yet but it looks delicious in the pictures. I think I might try making it and see how it goes, I heard it isn't that difficult to make.

Reaction score
Ice cream bread? That's interesting! I obviously have never heard about this before, but it certainly looks delicious! Though, I do have to agree that it looks more like a cake than bread.

Reaction score
No that is a new one that I have never heard of but I think I will give it a whirl. Sounds like it would be very moist and I would think that it would taste more like cake too. But I guess I won't know till I try it..... I will let you know, thanks for the idea!!
I keep seeing this cropping up on the net, and I can't wait to give it a try!! Apparently if you mix melted ice-cream (any flavour you want) with self-raising flour, you get ice-cream bread. Given all the sugar in the ice-cream I imagine it would taste more like cake than bread though.

I really like the look of this one! http://www.instructables.com/id/Chunky-Monkey-Ice-Cream-Bread/

This looks yummy. I have never heard of ice cream bread and I am going to try it and let you know my out come. Thanks for this new recipe. It will come in handy with the kid when they are home for the holidays.

Reaction score
This looks so good, but ice cream never lasts long in my house! I wonder who first thought to use ice cream as an ingredient in bread? Did they accidentally leave it out on the counter and let it melt?

Reaction score
This looks very tasty and tempting to try. Though, with our family recently trying to move on into healthier recipes. It seems that the days of try8ing heart stopping recipes like this are over.

Reaction score
I have never heard of ice cream bread before.

The pictures of ice cream bread make my mouth water.

The recipe sounds pretty easy too.

It's a win-win situation.

Reaction score

I have never heard of ice cream bread before. It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the idea. This is one I'm definitely going to try.

Reaction score
That looks absolutely delicious and I can't wait to give it a try. There are so many options that you could choose from with ice cream that you could make this once a week forever. Thanks for the post and the recipe. I had never heard of this and will definitely post once I give it a try and let everyone know how it turned out.

Reaction score
That is a dream come true. I know it's totally unhealthy, but I will be giving this one a whirl! I can't wait to see how it comes out. It sounds absolutely amazing. I'm excited!!

Reaction score
I have heard of it.. I pinned it ages and ages ago and was going to give it a try. Once something gets pinned and pushed down a lot though, I tend to forget about it. I won't be trying it now, but I did read from some people who tried it that it was rather bland? Maybe that depends on ingredients or the type of ice cream you use or.. I don't know. It really is a neat idea though :)

Reaction score
This looks absolutely delicious! And just think of all the varities and flavors you could come up with! I think this is a must-try for me! I agree with some of the other poster who said it would probably be more moist like a cake than a bread, but hey, that is totally fine with me! I am anxious to try it out!
Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
This looks very delicious. I have never heard of ice cream bread. I am a huge fan of bread and ice cream. Therefore, why not put the two together! From the picture provided, I would love to give this a try.

Ask a Question