Ice cream cake

Reaction score
have you ever made an ice cream cake?

If so, what kind did you make and what tips would you offer someone who is inexperienced in working with this type of cake?

Reaction score
I tried the ''lazy ice cream cake'' I found on Facebook and it turned out great :) Isn't hard at all, here is a god picture of it:

f5c14a372b1dd680e61cb8cec6a2396c.jpg

Reaction score
Oh, that looks delicious, and so beautiful! I really love how you decorated it. I have done that type of design before but never got it to look so perfect. That cake might be easy but it looks professionally made.

Reaction score
I agree! That looks delicious and professionally made. I can't remember if I posted it here, but I used to make something that resembled an ice cream pie. Crushed oreo shell with ice cream as the filling. It was a refreshing and easy dessert to bring along when going to a summer get-together. I love the design on the top of the recipe above - is that a cool whip topping?

Reaction score
Wow! That looks as good as one I'd expect to see done professionally! The decoration looks really impressive.

Are you going to let us in on the recipe?? ;);)

Reaction score
I have made a couple of different varieties. I made a banana split cake once with layers of ice cream, fruit, toppings, and topped with bananas. I used a layer of cake for the foundation and then built my way up with strawberry, pineapple, chocolate, in between layers of vanilla ice cream. It was pretty good.

I've also made the pie style with cookie crust and ice cream for filling. Other times, I've tried taking that a bit further. I used crumbled cookies for the foundation, then mixed some cookies with ice cream for a cookies and cream flavor, then alternated layers of the cookies and the cookie ice cream. I "frosted" it with Cool Whip and decorated it. It looked like a layer cake, but no actual cake was involved.

Reaction score
I agree! That looks delicious and professionally made. I can't remember if I posted it here, but I used to make something that resembled an ice cream pie. Crushed oreo shell with ice cream as the filling. It was a refreshing and easy dessert to bring along when going to a summer get-together. I love the design on the top of the recipe above - is that a cool whip topping?

Actually yes, you got that right! It is a cool whip topping, how did you guess :O By the way, that pie sounds delicious! I hope you did post it here, I'm always on the look for new desserts all the time. The other day I posted a banana pudding dessert that can be taken to picnics... in small mason jars.

Reaction score
Trellum I bet those ice-cream cakes are something to write home about; they do look tasty. That's one thing I can never get enough of; from I was a kid ice-cream was always my Sunday evening treat and as an adult it still is.

Reaction score
By looking at the picture it only shows that the one who made this ice cream cake is a good pastry chef and it looks deliciously yummy!

Reaction score
Trellum I bet those ice-cream cakes are something to write home about; they do look tasty. That's one thing I can never get enough of; from I was a kid ice-cream was always my Sunday evening treat and as an adult it still is.

Is there something special about having a treat on Sunday evening or is it like a family tradition or something? It sounds nice. We have pizza night on Friday nights. Is it something like that or do you just try to watch how many sweets you eat and limit it to once a week. Sorry for all the questions. You made me curious. :)

Reaction score
@Zyni Yum, your banana split cake and the pie both sound delicious! I've never tried to make any type of ice cream dessert, other than ice cream itself, and stuffing ice cream between homemade cookies, for sandwiches. It looks as if I need to get busy! @Trellum Your cake looks amazing, I'm sure that was a big hit!

Reaction score
@Zyni Yum, your banana split cake and the pie both sound delicious! I've never tried to make any type of ice cream dessert, other than ice cream itself, and stuffing ice cream between homemade cookies, for sandwiches. It looks as if I need to get busy! @Trellum Your cake looks amazing, I'm sure that was a big hit!

They are both pretty good and pretty easy. I made a "no sugar added one" (the banana split one) for my husband once as well. He is crazy about ice cream, and especially banana splits. He's not supposed to do sugar though. I thought, instead of serving ice cream with cake, I'd make a cake out of it instead, to tempt him less. I then found no sugar added ice cream as well as toppings.It was surprising good that way too.

I am so trying that one with the ice cream sandwiches. I know that one would be a hit.

Ask a Question