Ice Cream Cake

Reaction score
OK it's 109F here today so the oven is staying off. I still want to make something nice and thought a simple ice cream cake would be just the thing. I usually make a crust with crumbled cookies mixed with melted margarine (that shouldn't take long!) For the bottom half of the cake I mix some more cookies, chocolate chips and cherries with a quart of softened ice cream, let it set in the freezer for 1/2 an hour then spread another quart of ice cream on and freeze for at least 3 hours.

Does anyone have else have a freezer baked favorite?

Reaction score
You could make an icebox cake. There are tons of recipes for icebox cakes on Pinterest. It basically entails layers of cookies with whipped cream or other moist filling refrigerated overnight until the cookies are soaked and become cakelike.

Reaction score
We do something similar with the digestive biscuits, and both evaporated milk as well as some condensed milk adding some lemon juice. Totally delicious!! Not sure if I have shared that recipe over here already? It's so simple, yet so good.

Reaction score
OK it's 109F here today so the oven is staying off. I still want to make something nice and thought a simple ice cream cake would be just the thing. I usually make a crust with crumbled cookies mixed with melted margarine (that shouldn't take long!) For the bottom half of the cake I mix some more cookies, chocolate chips and cherries with a quart of softened ice cream, let it set in the freezer for 1/2 an hour then spread another quart of ice cream on and freeze for at least 3 hours.

Does anyone have else have a freezer baked favorite?

That sounds delicious, Karen! I haven't tried that one out yet, but I surely will! That ground cookie + melted margarine mixture sounds delicious (I'd use butter instead tho), it reminds me of a pie. A delicious ice cream pie :D

Ask a Question