Iced Lemon Pound Cake

Reaction score
Has anyone had the Iced Lemon Pound Cake at Starbucks? I really like it, but it is so expensive to get. Anyone know where I could find a recipe for this?

Reaction score
Oh, having a copycat recipe for that would be amazing. Does anything come up on Google?

I love that pound cake; unfortunately, it is not available here. If I could make one I'd be in heaven. I could sit down with a frappucino and pound cake while barely spending any money. All I would need is a decent internet connection and I'd be set.

Reaction score
I do love figuring out how to make favorite treats at home to avoid the processed ingredients and the price of buying ready made. I was interested in making the Starbuck's pound cake too. I found a copycat recipe that uses a cake mix but I think I would rather start from scratch (I don't like processed foods). You could try it if the cake mix doesn't turn you off (http://picky-palate.com/2012/03/22/starbucks-iced-lemon-pound-cake-copycat-recipe/) and see if it comes out as well as the blogger claims.

The other recipe I found and thought I might try is this one:
http://www.christinascucina.com/2013/09/way-better-than-starbucks-iced-lemon.html but I would have to buy lemon oil because that is one ingredient I do not have in my pantry.

Reaction score
That's what I get every time I go to Starbucks. Frappucinos and iced lemon pound cake are my kryptonite!

I'll have to try the recipe with the cake mix as I am not anti processed foods only anti spending all the money I have on cake. Thank you for the recipe!

Reaction score
The Christina's Cucina one does sound good. it says it's adapted from a Cooks Illustrated recipe. My guess is that adding lemon oil is their adaptation, as I don't think that's a CI thing. I happen to have food grade lemon essential oil which I use as a scent, but not all essential oils are food grade so check with the company. My suggestion is that you just increase the lemon zest. One method I borrowed from somewhere is to peel all the zest off the fruit with a sharp vegetable peeler, and use a blender to blend the zest with a portion of your granulated sugar, which absorbs a lot of the oils. It's so much easier than running the whole thing across a zester and making sure you get it all, when you need more than a bit.

Ask a Question