Icing on Starbucks breads

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the lemon and gingerbread made at Starbucks and I fun that the icing on these breads is especially good, I am just not sure what it is made of. I want to say it is some sort of fondant, but I have no clue. Any idea what this icing is made from?

Reaction score
From what I've heard fondant doesn't taste good. It is more of a decorative element and you don't necessarily want to eat it. ;o . I saw that on the Food Network. It might have been Duff Goldman that said that. I would think he would know what he is talking about! LOL! ;)

Reaction score
Actually I am not a lover of Starbucks that is why I am not too familiar of their bakery and pastry products. The kids in our family are the ones who always love going and dining in at Starbucks. But there is one time when all of us goes to Starbucks and I am forced to eat one of their pastry bread with icing in it and I find it delicious but too sweet in my taste.

Reaction score
That's usually what I do when I love a store bought baked good - I look for a copy cat recipe online! Sometimes they are super close to the real thing, which is awesome!

The internet is awesome, isn't it? I always pin everything :) The internet + Pinterest = perfect place to find everything you need! :D I've found so many copycat recipes on there ;)

Reaction score
well I've never been in a Starbucks and i'm serious lol

I think I've gone maybe once or twice in my lifetime and it was when I traveled to the US. We don't have any here at present. I have to say when I checked the link @Trellum provided, I loved the cake minus the icing.

Reaction score
well I've never been in a Starbucks and i'm serious lol

You are not missing a thing to be honest, that pace is incredibly expensive. Their coffee is waaaaaay too overpriced, and not that good to be honest. Specially their frappe coffees, those are huge sugar calorie bombs.

Ask a Question