Ideas for Paw Paw Fruit.

Reaction score
OK, it's past the season for this fruit, and sadly, I didn't get any this year, but I've been fascinated with it for quite awhile now. Anyone no any good ideas for it? If you haven't heard of it, look here.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09...ruit-midwest-how-to-prep-and-eat-pawpaws.html

It grows mainly in the wild around where I live (primarily river banks, and ledges), and is the official state fruit of Ohio. I've found a few recipes for a paw paw cream pie, but I wanted to ask you guys.

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever tried it before, but it sounds intriguing!

A pawpaw's flavor is sunny, electric, and downright tropical: a riot of mango-banana-citrus that's incongruous with its temperate, deciduous forest origins

I was actually trying to think of an alternative to bananas in banana bread the other day, and this sounds like it could work well! How sweet is it?

Reaction score
Can’t really tell you. At the moment i’m Just sort of fascinated with them. Which means I haven’t been able to actually taste one yet. They’re only available really around the fall/ late summer season and I keep missing them.

Reaction score
Can’t really tell you. At the moment i’m Just sort of fascinated with them. Which means I haven’t been able to actually taste one yet. They’re only available really around the fall/ late summer season and I keep missing them.

Oh that's a shame, I hope you don't miss it next time! Is it available in canned form or is it best fresh?

Reaction score
As far as I know there is no canned form of this fruit. The only way I even know how to get any is by knowing someone who knows where they grow. The trees only grow fruit during their season, and the trees are fickle, some years they’ll grow tons, some years only a few.

I have been told to check in any Amish country that you know of in the Midwest. Or simply ask around, if you live in the Midwest. I wish I could tell you more, and I’m really beating myself up over missing them again. Next year I guess.

Reaction score
As far as I know there is no canned form of this fruit. The only way I even know how to get any is by knowing someone who knows where they grow. The trees only grow fruit during their season, and the trees are fickle, some years they’ll grow tons, some years only a few.

I have been told to check in any Amish country that you know of in the Midwest. Or simply ask around, if you live in the Midwest. I wish I could tell you more, and I’m really beating myself up over missing them again. Next year I guess.

I'm in the UK unfortunately, so I've never seen one before. Maybe next time I'm in the US I'll keep an eye out if it's the right time of year!

Ask a Question