If you were able to buy one item for your kitchen

Reaction score
No holds barred, what would you buy? I would definitely replace my stove. I much prefer gas to electric, and I do have a gas stove here, but it's ancient, and falling apart. I watch a lot of shows on HGTV, and I have stove and kitchen envy in the worst way. I love the stoves that have the grills on them, as well as the really substantial burners. One thing I don't see a lot of on those shows though, is something I've seen on some of the RV (Recreational Vehicle) shows I have seen, and that's a stove with a cover, so the top is flat when not being used. Not only does it give more counter space in small kitchens, but it also keeps out dust and other items. So, the one thing i'd buy would be a super nice professional stove with double oven, SELF-CLEANING, unlike the one I have now, and with a cover.

How about you? What one kitchen item have you been dreaming about buying/replacing?

Reaction score
If I were able to purchase one thing for my kitchen right now, it would have to be a new stove/oven. We are renting a place, and the stove is broken, I have two out of four burners that work. The oven part does not work, so it makes it hard sometimes. For baking, I use a plug-in style portable oven, which works great, but sometimes I dont like digging it out! lol

Reaction score
I already have my dream fulfilled when we bought the gas range some years ago. It has a big oven that can also be used for grilling (the fire is above). But the only downside is that there is no adjustment of the temperature unlike the electric ovens that is very convenient when it comes to the temperature.

But for another dream device in the kitchen, I would love to have that thing placed above the stove to absorb the heat because our kitchen is very hot - it has very little ventilation.

Reaction score
My oven. I bake so much and mine is now so old. I am guessing it is well over 15 years. It does not look as old as some I've seen but it is still what I would want to replace immediately. If I got to cheat and replace a second thing it would be my electric stove top. One of the burners went bomb recently.

Reaction score
Definitely one of those super-duper chef quality, gigantic sized island ovens/stoves......with two ovens, a broiler, a fryer, a grill, and internal vents.

367733ba5382c19cbf800e4fd396d187.jpg

I also wouldn't mind having a replica stove..........
stovefront.gif

85691b81868513a619d60ef22eab5201.jpg

55d71d0d231c09d8ad00218dd717899b.jpg

b99c0c69903b03f6e2642690f4588774.jpg

Reaction score
If I could do one thing for my kitchen it would probably actually be remodelling it to have more natural light! I know that's not an "appliance" as such but I love being in my kitchen and I'm in there a lot, so I would just love a skylight or something put in to give it a bit more brightness...does that count?!

Reaction score
Well that is certainly a tough one. Let's see, though, I am trying to think of the thing that I use the most, but then again the question implies that I already have working things in there. For things that I do not have, I really need a new coffee grinder and I am tired of buying grounds. There it is, that is my answer. I forgot that I even needed one, and I might just go get one today. Thank you for reminding me.

Reaction score
More permanent storage. My kitchen is in desperate need of both more storage and more counter space. I could fix the latter by gaining the former. I need someplace to put all my kitchen equipment, small appliances, and gadgets. I love gadgets too, so I'd probably add more of them as well.

Reaction score
When it comes to kitchen items I've always wanted to buy a bread toaster, I've never had one of these. I've always had to toast the bread on a normal planch because I do not have an especial bread toaster, these are quite expensive here so I guess that's one of the reasons why my parents never bought one of these.

Reaction score
A better vent hood would be nice for sure @Corzhens. I think the one here just vents into the wall. I can smell whatever's been cooked for days.

I'd love to re-do the kitchen or just move to a place with a bigger and better kitchen, but that's not in the budget right now. Maybe someday...

Toasters range in price here from fairly inexpensive to somewhat expensive @Panadeiro. I use mine almost on a daily basis, so I can see how that would be on your list of must haves.

Reaction score
A better vent hood would be nice for sure @Corzhens. I think the one here just vents into the wall. I can smell whatever's been cooked for days.

I'd love to re-do the kitchen or just move to a place with a bigger and better kitchen, but that's not in the budget right now. Maybe someday...

Toasters range in price here from fairly inexpensive to somewhat expensive @Panadeiro. I use mine almost on a daily basis, so I can see how that would be on your list of must haves.

I treally is not a must have item for me, but it has always been kind of a thing I'd like to have since that's what you mostly see on movies and such thing, it's kind of a wish for me.

Reaction score
Definitely more storage space. I used to have enough before I discovered so many things I needed. I now store some non food items and unopened dry goods in a closet of another room.

Reaction score
Definitely more storage space. I used to have enough before I discovered so many things I needed. I now store some non food items and unopened dry goods in a closet of another room.

That's really annoying, I definitely know what it feels like to save your useful things somewhere else because you don't have any room for them. That would be a good gift for you this christmas, for real. Good luck.

Reaction score
I would love an aga, and hopefully one day I will have one. It would be perfect for all my needs and there would be no need for preheating. It would mean I could cook and bake multiple items too.

Reaction score
Large, food grade, plastic bins that stack and are on casters to store: unbleached white flour, bread flour, cake flour, & sugar. Oh, and a Ventilation hood/return air system.

Reaction score
I would buy a new stove. I seem to be spending all my time there these days and I'm starting to notice that it's pretty worn out. It works perfectly well, but it would be nice to have one that's also nice to look at...

Reaction score
I have always wanted to have a built-in oven with bigger capacity instead of an electric one that's on its own ( is the proper term for this portable? ). This once, I forgot to adjust the rack my cake is baking on, and it ended up expanding way too close to the top of the oven, becoming burnt!

Reaction score
Either a new stove or a stand mixer. It's not one but it's hard to choose. I use and hand mixer when I bake and my hands tend to cramp especially when I'm mixing up a batch of my buttercream. A new stove because I now use one of those big counter top ovens and while I like it I'd prefer a full size one.

Reaction score
When I moved, I thought I would miss my fancy Viking convection oven, but I really haven't. I'm baking fine in my GE gas oven. I think a second refrigerator would be of more use to me. I've come to realize the refrigerator is the baker's best friend. It's the taken for granted work horse in the kitchen. It's required for everything from cakes, pie, cookies, bread, and specialty pastry. Yeah, I'd select a big-a$$ refrigerator.

Ask a Question