I'll have ....... With my dessert

Reaction score
When you are sitting down to a delicious dessert what do you like to drink with or after? Do you enjoy a large glass of cold water? Maybe a hot cup of black coffe or herbal tea goes well with your sweet treat. What dink do you like best with dessert?

Reaction score
I usually go with my Diet Cherry Coke to go with my dessert. Sometimes I opt for milk instead. I guess it just depends on the mood.

Reaction score
Most of the time, I prefer to have a big glass of water. There have been times I've had soda or other sweet drinks but it can tend to be overpowering. I like to enjoy what I'm eating and not mix other tastes with it.

Reaction score
I usually have Cuban coffee with almost any dessert. Coffee goes with just about anything sweet that I can think of, even chocolate.

Reaction score
I usually like a fresh cup of coffee when i am having dessert, too. I don't sweeten the coffee, but i do usually add milk or cream to it. It just seems like that is the best drink to compliment a sweet dessert.
if I don't have coffee, my next choice is just to drink water; but if I am having a cookie, then a glass of milk goes really well with that.

Reaction score
I have to say I really prefer having a warm drink with any type of pastry. Usually black coffee(if the pastry is sweet) or cappuchino for salty pastry. Every once in a while if I don't feel like coffee, sweet pastry or whatever sweet thing with green tea with lemon is a good balance. I like the combination of flavors- either bitter coffee-sweet dessert, sweet coffee- salty desert, calming unsweetened tea- sweet dessert.

Reaction score
I also really like coffee with dessert. Or I'll drink water. I'm not a big fan of drinking something sweet while eating something sweet, but I do it every now and then. A nice red wine goes really well with a lot of desserts as well.

Reaction score
It kind of depends on what the dessert is.

More often than not, I just drink water. But every so often, if a dessert is really rich, I will crave a glass of cold milk to 'wash it down'. I don't usually drink milk either, so this is a rare occasion.

Reaction score
I like strong black tea without milk and sugar when I eat really sweet and rich desserts like baklava or Indian sweets or French éclairs.
The bitterness and astringency helps to reduce the sickly-sweet taste.

Reaction score
That kind of depends on what time of the day it is. During the day, I will usually have water or coffee and at night I like to have a nice glass of red wine with my dessert.

Reaction score
I tend to opt for a large glass of milk with my dessert. But I think that is because I tend to go for very rich chocolatey desserts so I like that the milk sort of balances it out. If I have something that isn't chocolate I tend to have a cup of tea, doesn't matter if it is herbal or black.

Reaction score
I tend to opt for a large glass of milk with my dessert. But I think that is because I tend to go for very rich chocolatey desserts so I like that the milk sort of balances it out.

Exactly! I was kind of surprised that more people hadn't mentioned milk and I felt a little strange mentioning it actually. I think you're right that it's probably because I go for the rich chocolatey ones, too.

Tonight I had an Oreo cheesecake and immediately craved milk. It wasn't that it was even that chocolatey, but it was definitely rich and super sweet.

Reaction score
I normaly like to have a glass of water with my dessert. If don't want water I love a good cup of strong black coffee. I never drink sweet beverages with my desserts. If I am having a warm cookie milk is a must.

Reaction score
I love to have a glass of milk with any dessert that I have. be it cookies, cake or even pie. The milk a glass of ice cold milk will make it taste even better.

Reaction score
I like to have either milk or coffee with my dessert. If the dessert is really rich by itself though, I sometimes just have water. But yes, milk is definitely necessary when you're having cookies!

Reaction score
I don't think the milk thing is strange at all. I know a lot of people who prefer milk with their desserts, my BF included. I just don't like milk myself...I never drink it with anything, and I don't even put it in my cereal. My poor bones!

Reaction score
It all depends on what type of dessert. If it's a chocolate dessert, I have to have milk! Any other dessert, I'll just enjoy it with a tall glass of water.

Ask a Question