"I'm baking"

Reaction score
No, I did not post this in the wrong section. I feel like I am in an oven. Sunshine and rain is all I see year round, but these last few days I feel like I am baking in an oven. It's painfully hot and the one AC in my son's year round sauna isn't even working. Fans blow hot air and working at home is no fun. I think I am heading to the job where the AC runs all day. I won't be complaining it's too cold either.

How are you folks coping?

Reaction score
Over here is humid and hot everyday. To be honest I just can't wait for winter to be here, I' d be happy if at least fall made it here already. I hate summer and spring, it's so unbearable over here :(

I'm really happy autumn might be here in a but :)

Reaction score
Thankfully, storms came through, and it's only 80 today, although it feels like 83 (The Weather Channel told me so), due to humidity. I'd love to be outside doing something, but it's an ozone action day, and my chest is killing me, so I have to stay indoors, because of my Asthma. I hope the temperatures stay in this region, because it's much more bearable than heat indexes of about 110. I hope your AC is fixed soon. At least with cold, you can put on some more clothes. Heat is difficult.

Reaction score
We had a weird cold streak this week - they were saying on the news that the temperature was comparable with early October. It was strange as summer overall has been very hot.

Reaction score
Lucky you, cupcakechef! I wish we had something like that here, sadly over here the weather is as scorching as ever :( Can't wait for winter to be finally here!

Reaction score
I live in an area where it's usually cool but we have our indian summers...which definitely doesn't help because 99% of houses here are not equipped with air conditioners!

I usually just stick my face in the freezer :p Or grab an ice pack to cool myself down, or even just go without clothes other than my underwear if I'm at home alone.

Reaction score
I do know what you mean by living in an oven! I live in North Alabama where heat and humidity are the normal in the summer time. I am on social security and cannot afford to run my a/c. I have the square breeze box fans in windows and my wonderful son and daughter in law sent me two Laslo wind tunnel fans for my birthday. Those two fans have been real life savers,, the definitly create wind! We seem to be in the midst of an early Fall here. The temps have been under 90 the last almost 2 weeks.

Reaction score
I am getting some breeze in between these days, but I can actually shower with cold water and enjoy it. The whole climate change thing is really concerning. I am thankful to be alive, but sometimes I wish I could control the switch re the temperatures.

Unlike Trellum, I am afraid of the winters. In our colder months, you'd think I amin winter when I start to cover myself with all kinds of thick linens.

Reaction score
Lately the weather here in our place is getting cold already and the hot summer days is over. And it only means that winter is fast approaching.

Ask a Question